News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

Registration now closed

Started by Ed, June 03, 2010, 04:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

I'm fed up with the number of spammers trying to join the forum. It's currently running at a rate of one or two a day. Hopefully, a few weeks of closed registration might reduce the numbers when we come back online.

In the meantime, if anybody's reading this and wanting to join, the chances are you already know some of our members on other forums, so all you have to do is ask them to put in a word for you and I'll open registration long enough for you to join.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

fnord33

You do a really good job of keeping spam away. I don't remember ever seeing any spam on here. 
Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs

leatherdykeuk

I never see any spam here. You do a great job.

delboy

I URGENT NEED YOUR ATTENTION PLAESE. THIS IS NOT SPAM

PLEASE YOUR WOMAN !!!!!

I am Prince Derek of the small African country of Cockcanbebigger. I have been access to over $10 000 000 US dollars from the Governmnet of your country. I need your help to move this money out of Cockcanbebigger due to the military coo of which you are familiar. Please write to me with your bank accountdetails and I will transfer 1% of this money to you. To help with administration costs please forward $25 to me.

PLEASE YOUR WOMAN !!!!!

As I sign of your good faith I will supply a document showing how you can plaese your woman and be sure she never look at again another man. This technique is over 500 years and is guaranteed. Please send $25 dollars to cover packaging and posting and mail.

PLEASE YOUR WOMAN !!!!!

There is no hairloss in Cockcanbebigger. Please send $25 dollars for cream guaranteed to regenerate lost hair. Please send $25 for special application gloves (disposibubble)  to prevent hair growth in unwanted places.

PLEASE YOUR WOMAN !!!!!

Authors! There is no unpublished author in Cockcanbebigger. Please send $25 for THE SECRET on how to guranatee publication of ANYTHING you write. THIS IS NOT SPAN. Steven Kin is not the biggest author in COCKCANBEBIGGER. You can be. Be more rich than Jay Kay Rolling and more famous than Katie Jordan. Children in Cockcanbebigger are learning to reed every day.

Plaese respond urgently. I look forward to be your partner.

PLEASE YOUR WOMAN !!!!!

I am also seeking marriage to good-looking and handsome woman in your country. I am rich and big and have much hair. I am professional author and will guarantee keep you happy at night and day. please send photo-picture and $25 and you I will choose.

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Bec

Thanks for brightening my morning, Del!  :2funny:

fnord33

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs

desertwomble

Ed

Can you ban Del?

He just cleared out my bank account!

DW :cheesy:
http://chaucers-uncle.weebly.com/

www.paulfreeman.weebly.com

Read my most recent winning Global Short Story Competition entry:
http://www.inscribemedia.co.uk/assets/october-ebook.pdf

Ed

:shocked: Damn - so it's you who's been sending me all those emails, Del?

We've only ever had one spammer make it past me to post something on the forum, but he only managed one before getting banned. TBH, we've been pretty lucky up until now. I've banned whole ip ranges from various countries and every bot I get sign up, I ban as well, so this along with a fairly difficult CAPTCHA has resulted in very few spammers making it as far as registration, for a long time. Maybe less than one a month. But just lately they seem to have upped their game, though. I've been getting one or two a day for the past month or so, which gets very tiresome.

I've now implemented a new CAPTCHA to top up our existing one, so hopefully I can reopen registration without the bots getting through.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

digitaldeath

I had one of those nigerian emails. I replied saying that I would help. All they had to do was put ther money in a brown paper bag and give it to me. I do not understand but they were offended, promised me that they were serious.
I said that I was too.

PaulH

I've had a noticeable upswing in phishing scams hitting my email recently. Wonder if someone's been buying new servers?

Grillmeat

OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!

Frank Menser

It's all that Hair...Del, Hilarious! :2funny: