gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55840 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 May 25, 2017, 08:38:31 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CafeDoom's Sixth Annual Writing Competition -- Rules thread  (Read 54338 times)
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2010, 12:03:04 PM »

Is it bad form to use a story that I used in the critique group here a long time ago? The story's never been published, but it's one of my favorites, and I just can't seem to get the creative juices flowing for something fresh. Well, I've written a bit, but it's not anything that's ready to be shared.  undecided
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2010, 01:58:17 PM »

Is it bad form to use a story that I used in the critique group here a long time ago? The story's never been published, but it's one of my favorites, and I just can't seem to get the creative juices flowing for something fresh. Well, I've written a bit, but it's not anything that's ready to be shared.  undecided

It's been done before. I don't think it alters a story's chances for better or worse, so feel free to put it in smiley

Rev & fnord -- looking forward to reading both afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Charlie In The Box
Charlie in The Box
Critter

« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2010, 04:27:53 PM »

Hey Ed,

Looking forward to finishing my story in time. I'm going to be hiding in my little charlie box until this is finished.

Ready to hunker down in my box for the weekend, to finish my story!!
Charlie In The Box
Charlie in The Box
Critter

« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2010, 04:32:57 PM »

Hey Ed,

Charlie in the Box here.
Has it happened before that your avatar and other profile descriptions just disappear. I checked today and saw that my profile was gone including some of my info, so I'm going to put it all back in.

Could this possibly be a computer glitch, or are the voices in my head responsible for my latest story, getting back at me for not telling the story the way they want it told?

Charlie In The Box
Charlie in The Box
Critter

« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2010, 04:37:26 PM »

Hey Ed,

All fixed.  Sorry about that.

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2010, 06:02:11 PM »

Hey Charlie -- you're breaking-up, dude afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Kenwood
Grave Digger

« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2010, 07:09:11 PM »

What are we up to?

"Happy people have no stories." —Therapy?

Shock Totem | The Eyesore Times | Getcha Rocks Off
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2010, 04:45:30 AM »

What are we up to?

Only twenty so far, Ken -- we're three entries down on this time last year. Hopefully we'll get a last minute rush.

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2010, 06:02:20 AM »

It'll be like an eBay auction! Last day all the bids will come in.

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Charlie In The Box
Charlie in The Box
Critter

« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2010, 09:09:58 AM »

@ Ed, I know, I get all wound up, and then I pop out of my charlie box and let it all out. LOL!!!

Nonetheless, my dark tale is near completion, Jacob's story is about to become part of this exciting writing endeavor!!

@ Delboy,  Yes, the flood gates will open on the last day. I have seen this in other contests that I've participated in!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 09:11:21 AM by Charlie In The Box » Logged

LilyChilds
Stiff

« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2010, 05:09:26 AM »

I have two pieces for this; can't decide which one to go for...

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2010, 09:14:13 AM »

Cool afro

Thanks to a couple more entries late in the day, we finished the 23rd on a total of 22 entries, which is nine short of last year's total on that date undecided

jingold
Critter

« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2010, 10:39:34 AM »

I'm writing something new, so mine will be a last minute entry.  And I still have to figure out how it's going to end....  Should be a fun week.  bangh
notsoscarey
Grave Digger

« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2010, 02:44:25 PM »

Howdy!  I'm following Rev around too, but I brought cupcakes to the party.  I've got a story almost ready for this...should be fun! Cheesy
Charlie In The Box
Charlie in The Box
Critter

« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2010, 08:29:15 AM »

Hey Rev,

I started reading one of your stories "Of Dirt and Dust" and I'm so hooked and loving it. Looking forward to finishing it tonight. My first from you, but certainly not my last. I love the visuals bouncing around in my head while reading your dark tale!!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 19 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx