News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Country cottage

Started by delph_ambi, August 16, 2010, 11:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delph_ambi

Twee as anything, I know, but I've decided to see what I can do with watercolours and inks, as I'm fed up with lugging acrylics and canvases about. It will take a bit of practice, but here are some watercolour splodges and ink scribbles for starters. I hope to improve. This is a bit muddy (as always happens when oil/acrylic painters try to use watercolour).

Ed

Still a lot better than I could do. I like it :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

desertwomble

http://chaucers-uncle.weebly.com/

www.paulfreeman.weebly.com

Read my most recent winning Global Short Story Competition entry:
http://www.inscribemedia.co.uk/assets/october-ebook.pdf

LashSlash

delph_ambi

Thanks all! On another forum, someone said the cottage looked grumpy, and advised me to write a story about it, so if a story about a bad-tempered cottage turns up in the annual short story comp...  :azn:

LashSlash

not surprised - the chimney does  look a bit flaccid.....

delph_ambi

Yes, it does, but oddly enough I've just noticed it's grinning at the top.

LashSlash

how appropriate that it has only one eye on the top.....

Bec

delboy

Great pic! That tree behind the house definitely looks like a big claw reaching over to grab the two sweet looking creatures in the undergrowth to the left.

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

delph_ambi

Thanks Bec and Del!

See what you mean about the claw...