gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 12, 2017, 03:07:53 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  Forum  |  HELP!  |  General help  |  who knows??
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: who knows??  (Read 1305 times)
LashSlash
Coroner

« on: October 12, 2010, 05:26:33 AM »

i want to make a video-clip of myself reading a story, with the intention of uploading to perhaps youtube and it going viral.

all i have is a computer that has windous dvd maker.

what do i have to buy?  [obviouly a camera of sorts - what' s best to buy? ... remember: - the whole production is tp be financed by me skimming off the top of a highly theoretical/non-existent income..... ]

what do i have to download? [if anything].......

...... is it easy to edit writing into the picture?.....

Cheesy

delph_ambi
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 05:47:03 AM »

I've only done this once; I used a very cheap webcam and a very cheap microphone. Combined cost about £5. That was it. Some minimal software came with the hardware. Didn't buy anything extra. Quality wasn't great, naturally, but it was good enough (for me to realise that if you're going to do this properly you need to spend a lot more money).
JonP
Critter

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 05:50:09 AM »

If you can borrow a Mac, iMovie comes for free and it's great.

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:51:20 AM »

I have a cheap and old digicam that has a video option. I got several minutes recording time on the original 128mb card, but it wasn't quite enough time for what I wanted so I bought a real cheap 512mb card on eBay and that gave me 20+ minutes of recording rime. Put the camera on a tripod (or a table) press record and away I went!

I then used an equally old version of Windows Movie Maker (that came with Windows XP) to add titles. Simple and effective and cheap.

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx