gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55951 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 November 29, 2020, 03:28:46 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Miscellaneous  |  Hawn: From 'Cactus Flower' to 'Lotus'
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hawn: From 'Cactus Flower' to 'Lotus'  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Lord_of_the_Dense

• Coffin Maker
    • C. Black and J. Mirror
Hawn: From 'Cactus Flower' to 'Lotus'
« on: May 05, 2005, 11:48:06 PM »
Goldie Hawn is on top of the world.

She pads barefoot into her living room and chats with Kurt Russell, her boyfriend of two decades, who has wandered in after grabbing breakfast at a diner.

Hawn and Russell's 54th-floor penthouse is a warm, fluffy cloud, floating high above the cacophony of Midtown below. Set against panoramic views of Manhattan are overstuffed white couches and chairs adorned with beaded pillows, leafy green plants and, on a table by the window, a discreet framed photograph of Hawn and daughter Kate Hudson, laughing, at Hudson's wedding in December 2000.

"Isn't it fabulous?" Hawn asks, perching on her sofa and looking out at the skyscrapers below. "I love it so much. The sun comes up in a red ball. To be in the middle of New York City and have this peace - I call it my glass temple."

Hawn, 59, is happy. And the Oscar-winning comedian, who grew up Jewish but is now a practicing Buddhist, shares her spiritual journey to enlightenment and contentment in her first book, A Lotus Grows in the Mud (G.P. Putnam's Sons, $25.95), written with journalist Wendy Holden. Despite what the title might imply, there's little mudslinging to be had.

Read entire story here.
Soul, Peace & Chicken Grease!

BeatKing.com :: Music News, Forums, and Lyrics

"THIS MEMBER IS CYBERWASTE INTOLERANT"

Offline JoyceCarter

• Coroner
Re: Hawn: From 'Cactus Flower' to 'Lotus'
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 12:25:38 AM »
I saw Goldie Hawn on TV when she was last in the UK.  She speaks very well, and comes over as a lovely person.

Has anyone read this book?  I see it's written 'with' a journalist, which immediately makes me cautious - so many like that are in a newspaper style of language, giving no feeling of the person whose name is on the cover.

Offline santhere

• Mortician
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 05:48:54 AM »
She's the one who attended one of Sai Baba's meetings right?
Sai Baba is a phony indian guru/magician and a child molester btw..
Simon Holm Pedersen
- Has a great appetite for booze and guns, in that exact order.

Offline JoyceCarter

• Coroner
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 07:23:19 AM »
You've taught me something there.  I googled it and discovered that you're right.

Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Miscellaneous  |  Hawn: From 'Cactus Flower' to 'Lotus'

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.09 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx