gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 14, 2017, 01:56:14 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not Happy. No Reason.  (Read 2558 times)
delboy
Global Moderator

« on: January 21, 2011, 10:54:06 AM »

It's Friday afternoon, I should be full of joy. But it's been one of those weeks when the corporate world just brings you down. So I'm feeling low. Tried to compensate by drinking way too much coffee and eating too many chocloate biscuits. Now I'm feeling guilty and hyper, as well as low.

On the bright side, I might hit Waterstones tomorrow and spend the book voucher I had for Christmas  Wink

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Rook
Critter

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 11:16:28 AM »

Tried to compensate by drinking way too much coffee and eating too many chocloate biscuits.
Derek

That never, ever, works. Believe me-- I continually try it... (slow learner)  grin

Books, on the other hand, are an excellent coping mechanism.  afro

Cheer up, Del! Tomorrow is another day... -- boy, what a useless thing to say...  scratch I guess it's better than 'tomorrow isn't another day'...

smiley

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
Bec
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »

I've had a gloomy week too, Del. But today I bought a book from a second-hand bookshop, and yesterday I won an ebook (one by Lee Thompson!). I feel better already. Get yourself to Waterstones!  smiley

Chocolate is comforting too, although there's a bit of guilt attached to that...
Rook
Critter

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 12:35:44 PM »

I refuse to feel guilty for my chocolate intake.

Chocolate is a guilt-free zone!!!

smiley

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
JonP
Critter

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 03:01:35 PM »

I ate the last of my Christmas chocolates yesterday Sad

delph_ambi
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 03:34:39 PM »

I still have some Christmas fudge. It's Fortnum & Mason fudge. I have to make it last, because having tasted this, I never want to eat lesser fudges again.

Hope things look better tomorrow, Del. I'd give you a piece of fudge except that I'm too mean. Sorry.
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »

When you feel like that, Del, we call it 'the gank'. I think the word suits the feeling very well.

This week seems to have flown by quicker than most, but the trouble is the weekends tend to go even faster than the working week, don't they. If all goes well, we should have a night off the kids tomorrow, which will make a nice change. They've been hard work, lately.

I hope you're feeling better tomorrow, anyway. Have fun at Waterstones smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Grillmeat
Critter

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 09:38:27 PM »

Have some fun spending that Christmas voucher. I always find a little "gift" for my hard work makes me feel better!

OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 04:35:45 AM »

Cheer up, Del, or I'll cycle down and meet up with you again - in spite of the weather. The freezing fog was so thick in Chester on Thursday I couldn't see my hands on the handlebars. Luckily, I knew where they were and headed back to my house.

Work pressure may be a root cause but this SAD effect affects most of us, except DW. Roll on sunshine.

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 08:14:59 AM »

Cheers Geoff - be great to catch up again. Maybe we should wait for the warmer weather! In an attempt to improve my mood (which is far better today anyway  afro) I went out on the bike this morning around the back lanes down by the river. Bit hairy at times - loads of ice about - and my toes were frozen, but it was great fun. Looking forward to some longer rides come the spring!

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx