News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Woody

Started by Ed, January 30, 2011, 06:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsorensen

looks like I missed out on a nice Python quotefest--damn my necessary work schedule that keeps me from what I truly enjoy.  I guess its the "repression inherit in the system"  :pissed:
He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. 'The horror!'

Rook

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

jsorensen

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha  :cheesy:
He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. 'The horror!'

LashSlash

Quote from: ozmosis7 on January 30, 2011, 05:02:17 PM
I once chopped the tallest tree in the forest down....with a HERRING!
... was this a woody tree? :scratch:

LashSlash

Quote from: Grillmeat on January 30, 2011, 05:29:49 PM
Sorry to hear this end the way it did. The forum and the crit group, however, will be better for it.
.... this is ed's www - he can do what he wants. i have every faith in him and admire his patience and level-headed ruddering. i have no idea what woody has done besides being totaly ridiculous in charging ed with wanting to steal stories. i think ed has dealt with this in the most light-handed way possible.....good on you MonkeyMan!

BUT: why kick a dog when he's down -- i have always found woody's input interessting [his points on POV are reactionary]. let him lick your perception of his wounds in peace as he considers litsite rehabilitation.

personaly, unlike phar, i think that if a writer crosses the uncertain limits of right and wrong, good conduct and moral rectitude, he/she is far better off for it -- look at me.

and if i have been churlish, i apologise.
d

Ed

Thanks for the props, Daniel. I try to treat people as I expect to be treated myself, that's all.

I didn't start this thread for the purpose of Woody bashing, and I'm happy to say that hasn't happened. I think what Grill means is that we couldn't have carried on the way things were going and still maintain what we have built up over the past few years. You didn't see what went on, Daniel. There are some things that are difficult to forgive. The key, I think, is to cross the limit you talk of, and then learn from it, grow -- then it's possible to be better for the experience.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

LashSlash

Quote from: Ed on January 31, 2011, 03:48:19 AM
....... The key, I think, is to cross the limit you talk of, and then learn from it, grow -- then it's possible to be better for the experience.
...... exactly: - cross that unpinnable limit;  learn - get into good practice at being horibly bad..... it betters you!  yip-yop, ed. sometimes the most absurd ideas are so, so applicable ;) :cheesy: