gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 14, 2017, 11:35:38 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet Explorer Doesn't Recognize Me Here  (Read 2423 times)
delboy
Global Moderator

« on: March 16, 2011, 06:20:07 PM »

Having to use Google Chrome to access the Cafe - Internet Explorer tells me username doesn't exist! Anyone else getting similar issues?

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
marc_chagall
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 06:26:55 PM »

IE is often glitchy, which is why I never use it.

Mind, for all I'm always extolling the virtues of firefox (I particularly value its ad-blocker, which more than offsets the fact that it can be a bit slow) I hit a problem the other day when buying an airline ticket. Firefox insisted I could only buy a ticket for someone under fifteen. That was the only tick-box available. I had to go into Opera before it allowed me to buy tickets for an adult. Very odd.
ozmosis7
Critter

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 06:56:18 PM »

Having similar like problems elsewhere with safari. I think it has to do with the latest javascript updates as I have heard of a lot of issues.

Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com
leatherdykeuk
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 07:22:36 PM »

Bl**dy java! I was unable to save or browse for images from firefox (or anything else if FF was running in the background)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 07:26:48 PM »

Are you sure you're using the right user name, Del -- you recently changed it, back when we had that trouble with spambots, so your user name is no longer delboy. I'm guessing you're using the automatic login feature? Just a thought. Other than that, I don't have any ideas about what could be causing the problem. Maybe it would help to empty your browser cache? I used to find IE would get cranky if I didn't empty the cache every so often.

What Oz says about the latest js update is also true. I don't know what the answer is. Sorry undecided

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Robert Essig
Coffin Maker

HELL AWAITS!

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 11:40:49 PM »

Wow.  All this computer talk baffles me.  I'm clueless.  Cheesy

Robert's blog

Look for my debut novel THROUGH THE IN BETWEEN, HELL AWAITS in 2012 from Grand Mal Press.
marc_chagall
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 04:01:22 AM »

Anyone on Windows 7 also needs to be wary of Service Pack 1. That's been causing horrendous problems for some people (but none at all for others).
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 11:37:23 AM »

The only probs I had with IE was slowness but now with IE8 it's faster than Opera and Firefox on my system. Firefox tended to crash during an online scrabble game I like at http://www.Itsyourturn.com

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 12:38:52 PM »

I started using Chrome a while back because IE was painfully slow, but Chrome's been steadily getting slower and slower and now Shockwave crashes within it every few minutes, so it's back to IE...

By the way, Ed, I think I was using my wrong name - I'll can't remember what I'm now called (but I did keep the email, so I can find out). Thanks for the reminder.

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
ozmosis7
Critter

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 11:41:18 PM »

It did help some to do a defrag, clean caches, clear cookies and history...but it only somewhat helped. This latest java is kind of wonky at times and I anticipate a new version soon

Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx