Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Your Distracting Me" - How do we write in this busy world?  (Read 5082 times)
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter
Coroner

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 10:51:47 AM »

A few years ago, when I lived on my own and didn't have a TV, I made a point of writing between 7 and 10pm pretty much every night.  Sometimes I would just sit and think about writing, but I still reckon that counts  Wink  Now I've developed a discipline where, if I can't spend a good few hours in one go writing, I'll grab whatever chance I can, like 30 mins before work, or even at work if no one's around to tell me off haha.  I've got a nice little study at the moment with a cosy little corner I can write in - I share the room with my housemate and she's hoping my discipline rubs off on her  smiley I suppose I'm quite lucky in that the only distractions I have involve other people and have to be scheduled (like band practices and business meetings). I would probably go nuts if I had little ones running around when I was trying to write  rolleyes

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
LashSlash
Coroner

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 05:32:43 PM »

ritalin?
jsorensen
Critter
Mortician

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2011, 11:16:30 PM »

dance

Wrote 450 words today even with tons of distractions--I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but it has opened up the story where I was having problems with it before...might actually have something for this coming crit section!!!

He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. ‘The horror!’
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: