Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Your Distracting Me" - How do we write in this busy world?  (Read 12065 times)

Offline Rev. Austin

• loves you like his own sister.
  • Critter
  • Coroner
  • AAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE
    • The full skinny on Rev. Austin.  YES.  SIR.  REE.
Re: "Your Distracting Me" - How do we write in this busy world?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 09:51:47 AM »
A few years ago, when I lived on my own and didn't have a TV, I made a point of writing between 7 and 10pm pretty much every night.  Sometimes I would just sit and think about writing, but I still reckon that counts  ;)  Now I've developed a discipline where, if I can't spend a good few hours in one go writing, I'll grab whatever chance I can, like 30 mins before work, or even at work if no one's around to tell me off haha.  I've got a nice little study at the moment with a cosy little corner I can write in - I share the room with my housemate and she's hoping my discipline rubs off on her  :smiley: I suppose I'm quite lucky in that the only distractions I have involve other people and have to be scheduled (like band practices and business meetings). I would probably go nuts if I had little ones running around when I was trying to write  ::)
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

Offline LashSlash

• Coroner
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 04:32:43 PM »
ritalin?

Offline jsorensen

• Critter
  • Mortician
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2011, 10:16:30 PM »
 :dance:

Wrote 450 words today even with tons of distractions--I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but it has opened up the story where I was having problems with it before...might actually have something for this coming crit section!!!
He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. ‘The horror!’

Print Print  
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines
Writer's Corner design by Bloc | XHTML | CSS