gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 14, 2017, 09:28:54 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Redneck Zombies from Outer Space (closes 31st December 2011)  (Read 5077 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 05:53:47 PM »

Mine's finished cheers I'll run it through the crit group next month and then send it off with fingers crossed smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
ozmosis7
Critter

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 09:10:53 PM »

Can't wait to read it.

Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 02:32:03 AM »

Thanks, Oz -- I hope you're not disappointed. I would have liked to have done more with it, but 2,500 words is a pretty tough limit.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 08:13:18 AM »

Don't forget, folks -- last day for this one. Get your entry in. I've only just remembered to send mine afro

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 02:19:05 AM »

Oh well -- at least the story made it through two passes, and it's a nicve rejection letter afro

I wanted to drop a line and thank you for being patient with us. We have been overwhelmed with submissions (thousands!) and your story had made it through two passes, but after the third reading we are going to pass on it--not that there is anything wrong with your story, it's just the competition is very tight with this anthology.

Thanks again for submitting!
Michael Knost

starktheground
Critter

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 11:16:45 AM »

So close! Still, it must have been very good to last that long out of thousands.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 02:37:06 AM »

Thanks afro TBH, I was surprised it made it through that far, as I wasn't sure whether it hit the right note. I must have got somewhere near what they were looking for. The story is in the crit group archive if you want to read it. It's not what you would call horror -- more bawdy humour than anything, I suppose.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx