gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55948 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 September 29, 2020, 02:14:11 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  General Discussions  |  Soap Box  |  I Are Become Writer - Submitter of Words
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I Are Become Writer - Submitter of Words  (Read 10679 times)

Offline LesFloyd

• Coffin Maker
    • Floyd Publishing
Re: I Are Become Writer - Submitter of Words
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 05:30:04 PM »
No, it hasn't gone on... pity. I will scan the cheque, when I get paid...  :smiley:
"Even if it were possible to travel at the speed of light, it would not be desirable, as one's hat would keep flying off!" - H.G. Bells

Offline Robert M. Blevins

• Coffin Maker
    • Adventure Books of Seattle
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 02:20:54 AM »
Les said:
"Does this mean I can (tenuously) call myself a 'Freelance Journalist', to impress the ladies? It would make a change from 'Unemployable Ex-Dishwasher'. "

Answer: Yes.
Way to go, sir. :cheers:
'Don't give up reaching for the stars...
just build yourself a bigger ladder.'

Offline Robert M. Blevins

• Coffin Maker
    • Adventure Books of Seattle
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2005, 09:46:45 AM »
A general note to folks like me who finally switched over to Windows XP from the old reliable Windows 98 (the old, comfortable friend, although getting a bit dated...)

XP only comes loaded with Notepad for word processing. This program does not have certain parameters you need to electronically submit pieces of writing, such as setting spaces between lines at 1.25 or 1.5, for example.

You have to buy Word separately, or Office 2003. (Better)

Lucky Robert has a friend at Microsoft who fixed him up with MS Publisher 2003 with Digital Imaging, plus Office Pro for a total of $75!

This is my last post before the Independence Day holiday. It's time for me to take to the hills for some hiking, fishing, and editing. This year I am going solo, since wife/editor/co-writer Gayla is flying to California to see her mother. I will be at the top of Darland Mountain outside of Yakima.
This is the second highest point in Washington State you can actually drive to, and provides inspiring views of the Cascade Mountains from Mt. Hood in Oregon all the way to Mt. Baker in the northern part of Washington. You can see the whole chain, including the Goat Rocks Wilderness, Mt. Rainier, and what is left of St. Helens.

I will post up a report on the trip in the form of a story after the weekend.
Happy Fourth of July to all of you, and make sure you have SOME fun, somewhere, no matter where you live.

Special note to the Brits...yeah...we celebrate this holiday, but a lot of us wonder if we're really better off now....ha!
 8)
'Don't give up reaching for the stars...
just build yourself a bigger ladder.'

Offline JoyceCarter

• Coroner
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2005, 12:57:07 PM »
Have a good holiday, Robert, whatever the original reason for it!

Offline Geoff_N

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • my webbie
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 01:10:45 PM »
I know most of you know but Les's blog http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/unknown/viewarticle.aspx?id=198663 is such fine comic writing  :D  It really must lift the spirits of anyone reading it, even those living in his village, and Wales.

Speaking of Wales, on Sunday I set off on a two-day bike ride to visit my sister aprprox 150 miles away (the safest minor road route for a cyclist). So I will be away for a while.

Geoff

Anyone else for advance copies of me book, Escaping Reality - but only if you promise to skip over the naughty bits? http://www.bramblingbooks.co.uk/

Offline LesFloyd

• Coffin Maker
    • Floyd Publishing
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2005, 07:33:06 PM »
Cheers Rob & Geoff!  :smiley:

Yeah, I can imagine the sensible half of the US population wondering if it was worth the fight, when they have Monkey Man in the White House at the moment.

Anyway, we Brits let them win. The bit missing from the history books is the fact that the Brits had a cricket tournament on that week. Priorities!  :cheesy:
"Even if it were possible to travel at the speed of light, it would not be desirable, as one's hat would keep flying off!" - H.G. Bells

Offline SharonBell

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Sharon's Home Page
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2005, 09:18:56 PM »
HEY! I'm a Daughter of the American Revolution and I still don't know what the fuss was about! I do like the fireworks, though! Kisses and hugs to my British cousins!
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Cafe Doom  |  General Discussions  |  Soap Box  |  I Are Become Writer - Submitter of Words

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx