gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 15, 2017, 05:12:04 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cafe Doom's Seventh Annual Short Story contest  (Read 35474 times)
marc_chagall
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 03:19:19 AM »

I have a flash that could become the heart of a longer story with a bit of work. A lot of work. A huge amount of work. But I'm up for it. Love this contest! Best on the web, without a doubt.
notsoscarey
Grave Digger

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 06:26:02 PM »

Finished my story and need to really go over it so that is shines in a dull, glossy black way.  Here's hoping it doesn't suck!   hiding
Robert Essig
Coffin Maker

HELL AWAITS!

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 06:48:17 PM »

I have two stories I'm debating on.  One I wrote over the course of the past two days, and another I wrote some time ago.  I torn on which one to submit.

Robert's blog

Look for my debut novel THROUGH THE IN BETWEEN, HELL AWAITS in 2012 from Grand Mal Press.
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 07:16:15 AM »

Two entries to date, with a month until deadline afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 02:36:14 AM »

Three afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 06:56:11 AM »

I'm hoping I'll have time to write/finish a story specifically for this, otherwise I might have to enter an older one...but it's still really good  grin

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 07:56:09 AM »

My second tale aimed specifically at the comp came in at 4k...(first one was 5k so I'm getting closer!). I have an idea for another tale if I can figure out how to make it a little more dramatic. Still hoping to be there at the weigh-in.

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Rook
Critter

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 08:30:02 AM »

My second tale aimed specifically at the comp came in at 4k...(first one was 5k so I'm getting closer!). I have an idea for another tale if I can figure out how to make it a little more dramatic. Still hoping to be there at the weigh-in.

Derek

I'm on my third attempt, too! First two were under the word limit, but my mother tells me they're sh@%. (very politely, of course. For her.)

Have hope for the third. afro
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:38:37 AM by Rook » Logged

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011, 09:02:35 AM »

Only six entries to date, so there's still time to get in early to avoid the pitfalls of reader fatigue afro

leatherdykeuk
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2011, 10:17:37 AM »

I shall be writing mine this week. I've just finished a novel and had a week in Cornwall to celebrate.
notsoscarey
Grave Digger

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »

After a week of hanging out with my dad in the hospital I can finally get back on the writing train.  Wheee!
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2011, 05:36:49 PM »

After a week of hanging out with my dad in the hospital I can finally get back on the writing train.  Wheee!

I hate hospitals. Must be even worse being there if you actually have to be there. Good result, though, I hope smiley

ozmosis7
Critter

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 08:18:49 PM »

Stupid brain! Think of better ideas or I'll stab you!  bangh

Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com
Flirtybee
Grave Digger

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »

Plugged on the forum and I'd better get scribbling!

'Maybe I should just put you out of my misery?'
terrign
Grave Digger

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »

I'm in:)

Leo Buscaglia
Our talents are the gift that God gives to us... What we make of our talents is our gift back to God.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx