gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 18, 2017, 01:18:22 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cafe Doom's Seventh Annual Short Story contest  (Read 35535 times)
leogodin217
Stiff

« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2011, 12:31:58 AM »

I believe only a certain level can see the posts, so they should be private. Hopefully Ed can confirm this, but I wanted someone to say something as it is the last day before the comp. Good luck.

Thank You
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2011, 04:48:22 AM »

Yep, thanks Oz -- the stories go onto a part of the site that is password protected, so your story won't end up on internet search engines and people will have to be a member of the forum to read it.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2011, 08:10:37 AM »

Getting a trickle of last minute entries. I think we'll end up a little short of last year's tally, but not by much afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
notsoscarey
Grave Digger

« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2011, 01:08:25 PM »

Woohoo!  Can't wait to read what you all have crafted--it'll be a nice break from NaNo writing. 
leogodin217
Stiff

« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2011, 03:32:34 PM »

Good luck everyone, and  afro I look forward to reading your stories.  Hope you make me do this:  hiding
splitskull
Stiff

« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »

So I sent my story in to blunt@cafedoom.com but I haven't recieved an email or anything...was there something else that I was supposed to do? I'm also a little uneasy about my formatting but there's not much I can do about that at this point.
Rook
Critter

« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2011, 09:04:17 PM »

First off, did you send it to blunt (at) cafedoom or the appropriate blunted (at) cafedoom.com? If you mis-sent it, I would send it again.

But, if you sent it to blunted (at) cafedoom.com, depending on your time zone, Ed (being a Brit) might not have seen the email yet--thus no response.  huh

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
splitskull
Stiff

« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »

Oh I see. Thank you! How very helpful you have been  afro
Rook
Critter

« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2011, 11:57:41 PM »

Not at all.  Wink

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2011, 03:52:28 AM »

Phew -- that was hectic. Had a late surge of entries, bringing the total number of stories up to fifty-eight, if my tally is correct. The competition is now closed to entries.

Let the reading begin. Happy Halloween everybody afro

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2011, 10:45:01 AM »

Happy Halloween to you too, Ed. Thanks for organising the comp - now the fun begins  hiding

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
marc_chagall
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2011, 11:27:32 AM »

Have read and made notes on the first ten. Very wide range of stories in both subject matter and the skill of the writers.
ozmosis7
Critter

« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2011, 12:19:43 PM »

Direct link for the contest....

http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php?board=92.0

Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2011, 12:31:11 PM »

Only read Ed's introduction so far, but it was pretty good. Straight to the point and with a strong hook. At the moment it's a contender...

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
RichardThomas
What does not kill me makes me stronger.
Stiff

« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2011, 12:37:03 PM »

thanks, duh it was like that big header right up top. still finding my way through the site. thanks oz.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx