News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

Cafe Doom's Seventh Annual Short Story contest

Started by Ed, September 13, 2011, 02:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ Holden

Quote from: delboy on October 31, 2011, 12:31:11 PM
Only read Ed's introduction so far, but it was pretty good. Straight to the point and with a strong hook. At the moment it's a contender...

:grin:  :2funny:  :grin:

I'll make a start tonight. Best of luck everyone!

Ed

I love the spirit of camaraderie we get here when the contest is on  :smitten:

Richard -- don't worry about it. I know how eye-boggling a new forum can be. Most of us know the place inside out, but it's a lot to take in when you first get here.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Rev. Austin

Quote from: delboy on October 31, 2011, 12:31:11 PM
Only read Ed's introduction so far, but it was pretty good. Straight to the point and with a strong hook. At the moment it's a contender...

:grin:
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

ozmosis7

Some really good stories in this group. really enjoying the tales.
Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com

JonP

58?! Wow, I'm impressed. And feeling slightly bad I sat it out this year. Too much going on, though.

delboy

Made some small inroads into the 58 last night and again this morning. Enjoying the tales and the imagination and the writing so far - but it's a daunting task to do them justice. Hats off to editors everywhere!
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Craig Herbertson

Really glad I managed to get a story in at the very last minute - snowball's chance in Hell of winning going on previous attempts but I think it's a really fun competition anyway and looking forward to reading the stories.

Craig Herbertson

Quote from: Craig Herbertson on November 01, 2011, 07:09:00 AM
Really glad I managed to get a story in at the very last minute - snowball's chance in Hell of winning going on previous attempts but I think it's a really fun competition anyway and looking forward to reading the stories.

If I can find them????

Ed

Wow -- you managed to read all those stories in record time, Craig. Kudos :afro: It'll take me a week, I reckon :grin:

Oh, and BTW, it's fifty-nine entries, not fifty-eight, Jon and Del. Had a final one come in from somebody who was waiting for their account to be verified before they sent their story in, which made it waaaaaaay late, but I let it in.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

ErikTiger

I am glad to be part of this contest and I have to say that OneBuckHorror is a kick ass mag!!

chawkins

I've been away from this thread for far too long, but I wanted to extend a HUGE Thank You to everyone who entered!  I'm really looking forward to reading your submissions!

Thanks!

Christopher Hawkins, Editor
www.onebuckhorror.com
http://www.onebuckhorror.com - Ebook horror anthology series for just a dollar an issue.

Ed

JJ Holden

I've read the first 15, and wow - some very cool ideas, and nicely written.

marc_chagall

There are some superb stories, without a doubt. I've been reading non-stop and actually managed to get through them all an hour ago. Normal life will now be resumed.