gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55937 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 July 12, 2020, 08:51:41 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Critique Crypt  |  General writing chat  |  Crit group
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Crit group  (Read 44838 times)

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
Re: Crit group
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 01:46:01 PM »
Okay, Ed.  I know I asked if I could just audit the class, but after going over the info you PM'd me I want course credit!  There still room?

I have a story about online gaming/gamers that's given me nothing but grief (it's killed and corpse-camped me repeatedly). The problem is I wanted the language to be authentic, as it's a first-person narrative. But that means lots of acronyms and leetspeak, which I worry makes it impenetrable to the great unwashed masses who actually have lives and don't spend all day smelting ore and smiting orcs.  Could definitely use some outside opinions at this point, and I would love to return the favor.

Yeah, crit away :afro: Now you're in the group you can join in whenever you want to.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Geoff_N

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • my webbie
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 12:40:54 PM »
Ah, my story, which is freaking me out as it unveils, won't be ready in time. Count me in for January.

Offline Uley Bone

• Stiff
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 04:22:38 AM »
Uh my gud... sure. I mean, I have kind of a major move coming up early next year. As for my own lack-luster editing skills, well... this may be a good opportunity to hone my eye. That particular deficiency had hindered me up on more than occasion in the pro markets-- which isn't to imply that I intend to bog the group down with a bunch of my own writing so much, as paying particularly close attention.

Uley

Offline JonP

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Ooh look, my new website!
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 04:47:29 AM »
Oops. Thought I'd replied but evidently I hadn't. Sorry - won't be in, probably for the foreseeable future. Trying to work out what to do next and currently thrashing around in several different directions.

Offline Geoff_N

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • my webbie
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 01:36:01 PM »
I've thrown it in, warts and all.

Offline ozmosis7

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • The Dark Fiction of Kenneth W. Cain
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 03:37:13 PM »
Just an FYI for others critters.  I'll have crits up tonight it tomorrow for 2 other stories--attack of the crawling hand answer were legend. Read both while out at the doctors. Will try to crit others as well.
Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com

Offline akaShoe

• Critter
  • Stiff
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 10:58:34 AM »
Well, obviously my best laid plans to join in this month gang aft agley. Which one is the "I suck" smiley?

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2011, 04:49:30 AM »
Another session beginning on new years day. Anybody feel up for it? :shuh
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

marc_chagall

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2011, 05:23:30 AM »
No new stories here, but I'll try and look in and do some crits.

Offline Rook

• Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 07:45:08 AM »
I'm out. I start butchering editing the novel on the first.

Will make time for a few crits, though. :afro:

;)
I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

Offline Prisoner24601

• Critter
  • Stiff
    • Pris's LJ Page
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 04:22:22 PM »
I have a story ready to go.  So I'm in, although I might be posting it late in the evening since we're off to the in-laws to have their Christmas that day.

Offline Geoff_N

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • my webbie
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2011, 05:29:15 PM »
Sorry, other projects are intruding.

Offline elay2433

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Clear Perspective, Blurry Lens
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 01:07:07 PM »
Doubt I'll have a story ready. I'm feeling a bit rusty though, so I'd like to try for a critique or two if a session get's rolling.
Jerry Enni lives in a small house in the center of the San Joaquin Valley with his beautiful family. By day he makes signs and by night he writes stories. To learn more about him, check out Clear Perspective, Blurry Lens

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 06:03:58 AM »
It's not looking like it's going to happen this time around. My new year is going to be very hectic, so I reckon I'll be hard pushed to do anything towards it anyway. Nevermind -- there's always February :afro:

Offline Pharosian

• Obelizer
  • Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 08:11:37 PM »
I could always put my CD contest entry in. We haven't heard from fnord, and he usually has something. There's still hope!

Cafe Doom  |  The Critique Crypt  |  General writing chat  |  Crit group

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx