gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 16, 2017, 05:42:42 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crit group  (Read 21647 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« on: November 21, 2011, 06:51:20 PM »

Just a reminder that we have a new critique session starting on the 1st of December if anybody's interested in joining the group. Places are limited, and on a first come first served basis, so book early to avoid disappointment smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
jsorensen
Critter

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 09:21:30 PM »

I will not be submitting this month--got some writing that I'm focusing--but I will be looking to do some crits...

He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. ‘The horror!’
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 05:02:40 AM »

I shall endeavour to be in - have a backlog of tales that I wrote for the comp that could do with being fine-tuned, polished, and what-have-you!

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
jazminsdaddy
Stiff

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »

Hi Ed,

I am interested in joining for December. I sent a PM but never received a reply. Please let me know if I can participate.

Thanks
ozmosis7
Critter

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 11:11:19 AM »

I should have a tale for this month, as well.

Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com
akaShoe
Critter

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »

Bah, having one helluva time getting messages to post...

Is it possible to "sit in" on the critique group? December's a bad month between Christmas and end-of-semester activities with four kids in three different schools, but I'd love to see how it's run in advance of (hopefully) participating in January.
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 02:09:09 PM »

Bah, having one helluva time getting messages to post...

Is it possible to "sit in" on the critique group? December's a bad month between Christmas and end-of-semester activities with four kids in three different schools, but I'd love to see how it's run in advance of (hopefully) participating in January.

Yep, no problem -- I'll set you up later. Right now I have to go back to work for an hour or two, but I'll sort it out as soon as poss.

Hi Ed,

I am interested in joining for December. I sent a PM but never received a reply. Please let me know if I can participate.

Thanks

Hmm -- dunno what happened there. I changed your member group to 'Critter', so you're able to see inside the crit section. The last session is still in place here -- http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php?board=63.0 so you can see what a typical session is like. I'll send you the rest of the welcome PM istructions later, when I send a set to Shoe. afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Prisoner24601
Critter

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 03:21:01 PM »

I'm in.  But I think you probably already knew that from me bugging you multiple times, lol.  Wink 
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 04:15:13 PM »

I won't have a short in time. Loads of ideas so will have one for Jan.

Geoff

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 08:53:16 AM »

I have a file of story ideas I've collected over the years. I a kind of todo list - about 50 pages long.

Thinking of making time to write one up as a December crit group story I saw I'd written a potential title:

This Space Left Intentionally Blank.

So what is the story? Dunno, the rest is blank. Shortest story I've written.

jsorensen
Critter

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »

@Geoff--  a long time ago I read a poem (Sad to say I forgot the author) that struck me as well done.  The poem was called "The Church Is" and the entire poem was a single line: "Slated for destruction"  The power of it was great, the implications unlimited...wonderful use of minimal words...so, your story "This Space Left Intentionally Blank" as it stands ...here is my crit:

Perfect

He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. ‘The horror!’
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 05:52:19 PM »

A flash story is emerging on my screen so maybe December isn't empty from me after all. It is a madcap story and will be disembowelled by critters.

Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 06:05:08 AM »

My brain pockets are empty of all but imagination moths. They eat imagination.  Cheesy I'm still waiting for word on my broken USB stick - it had ALL my new stories on it, and they were ALL grade a material  Wink

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
Rook
Critter

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 08:34:09 AM »

I’ll say I’m in. I’ll either look through my backlog and polish one up, or I’ll put my comp story through the rigors. hiding

Wink

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
akaShoe
Critter

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 12:22:43 PM »

Okay, Ed.  I know I asked if I could just audit the class, but after going over the info you PM'd me I want course credit!  There still room?

I have a story about online gaming/gamers that's given me nothing but grief (it's killed and corpse-camped me repeatedly). The problem is I wanted the language to be authentic, as it's a first-person narrative. But that means lots of acronyms and leetspeak, which I worry makes it impenetrable to the great unwashed masses who actually have lives and don't spend all day smelting ore and smiting orcs.  Could definitely use some outside opinions at this point, and I would love to return the favor.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx