gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 17, 2017, 08:25:35 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crit group  (Read 21666 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2012, 12:27:24 PM »

Crit question: We have one week to do the crits, and then the next week is for edits and discussion? Is that correct?

Yep, although there was some discussion on doing away with the discussion week and having an extra week to get the crits done instead. I'll go with what the majority want to do, but I think it's generally a good idea to try and get all the crits done in the first week, as it adds some impetus to the whole thing.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »

Alrighty. My opinion on that is that I like doing the crits in one week. If I had too much time, I'd probably just procrastinate and waste a week. But that's just me.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2012, 03:19:02 AM »

Right then -- no session in May, but is there any interest in running a session during June? I haven't been able to give much time to the cafe lately due to work commitments, and I can't see it getting better any time soon, but there's nothing stopping the rest of you carrying on as normal, if you're able. afro

So who is likely to be up for it in June? I ask because we have another member interested in joining the group. smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2012, 10:24:42 AM »

I'm in! I have about eight stories that no eyes have seen but mine. Would love a little input. 
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »

I should have a little something-something for June  Wink

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2012, 03:21:05 PM »

I'm in for June.

fnord33
Critter

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2012, 05:34:00 AM »

My PC is in the shop (any by shop I mean the Homewood PD), but I should be good to go by then.

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2012, 06:10:29 PM »

My PC is in the shop (any by shop I mean the Homewood PD), but I should be good to go by then.

Somebody nicked it? scratch

elay2433
Critter

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2012, 02:32:06 PM »

Hoping to have something finished for the After Death antho before May finishes up. If I do, I'm in for June.

Anyone else trying for this one?

http://ericjguignard.blogspot.com/2012/04/open-submissions-new-fiction-anthology.html

-Jerry

Jerry Enni lives in a small house in the center of the San Joaquin Valley with his beautiful family. By day he makes signs and by night he writes stories. To learn more about him, check out Clear Perspective, Blurry Lens
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2012, 07:22:32 AM »

I've been writing something for just about every anthology on duotrope.  grin They're not all submitted, but it's good practice.
calibannn
Critter

I'm so scared.

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »

Hi, I'm in for June!

I'm the new kid in class. My name's Chad. I've been a radio journalist for about ten years and an unpublished dark fiction noodler since about third grade. I hope to earn a sheaf of rejection letters by the end of this year. I also hope the social pressure of this group will help increase my output, and I'm looking forward to reading and critting other critters' work!

Catch up with you all soon,
Chad
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2012, 05:34:41 PM »

Chad, the new kid has to bring the snacks for the rest of the group.

Can we have a change from brain fritters please?

starktheground
Critter

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2012, 10:52:50 AM »

afro
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2012, 03:18:42 AM »

No and yes. I bought an amazon local certificate for 2 hours of computer repair from 280 PC. I then came to find out that 280 PC is a side business run by a Homewood Policeman. I had to drop it off with him at the station because he doesn't have a storefront. I thought that was kind of odd, but I went through with it because it was paid for and I wanted my computer fixed. He left me a message Thursday saying it was done, but I've called him a bunch of times since and he never picks up or returns my call. I miss my computer. I wrote a short story using the memo pad on my phone. 

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2012, 02:42:38 AM »

No and yes. I bought an amazon local certificate for 2 hours of computer repair from 280 PC. I then came to find out that 280 PC is a side business run by a Homewood Policeman. I had to drop it off with him at the station because he doesn't have a storefront. I thought that was kind of odd, but I went through with it because it was paid for and I wanted my computer fixed. He left me a message Thursday saying it was done, but I've called him a bunch of times since and he never picks up or returns my call. I miss my computer. I wrote a short story using the memo pad on my phone. 

Truth really is stranger than fiction sometimes, isn't it scratch

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx