News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

Hi everyone!

Started by Grillmeat, March 14, 2012, 09:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grillmeat

I've been MIA for a while....not by choice just a few, unfortunate, events that happened all at the same time.
Hope everyone is well. Nice to see the notes on published works and that people are still "having at it."
I actually managed to write a couple of short pieces while I have been gone (likely the product of the stress I was under) but haven't pursued anything with them as of yet. Mostly, I was just happy to actually be able to put pen to paper again.
Hope all is well with you folks and I hope to be checking in more frequently again.
:afro:
OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!

marc_chagall

Great to see you again! Hope the stresses resolve themselves in due course. 'Life' doesn't half get in the way of writing at times.

Ed

Welcome back, Grill. Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time of it. I know the feeling, too. Sometimes it feels like there's no respite in prospect. Glad to hear you're coming out of it now :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

delboy

Quote'Life' doesn't half get in the way of writing at times.

You can say that again! I had a few days off a few weeks ago and got about 10000 words done. Since coming back to work haven't written anything at all.

Anyway, good to have you back Grill. Hope things are on the up. Had my share of stress a while back and ever since I have to actively fight it on a number of fronts to it at bay.  I find lying on my back and focusing on my breathing helps, but it's best not to do it when crossing the road.

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

elay2433

Good to see you back, Grill.  :cheers:

starktheground

Welcome back, Grillmeat! Hope things are getting better for you!

Pharosian