gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 12, 2017, 03:08:57 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Calling all gun nuts  (Read 4324 times)
GrinReaper
Mortician

« on: November 12, 2004, 04:40:06 AM »

A Walther P99 has a 12-round clip. Does that mean it will actually hold 13 rounds (12 in clip + 1 in chamber)? If not, does anyone know of a handgun that holds 13 rounds?
Neuromancer
Indefatigable Misanthrope
Mortician

Semper Veritas

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 05:24:17 AM »

Yep it means it holds 13 with one in the pipe

I believe most of the generic 9 millimeters have a 12 round clip with one in the barrel, (berettas at least)

Only know this cuz of games though.  Am not a gun nut.

I dont own any guns and never fired anything but a

22 mag revolver  22 revolver .32   9 mm pistol (2 kinds)  9 mm colt sportster 45 SW, m-14, 12 Guage, 50 Cal and Mk-79 gernade launcher

Or somthing like that

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot
GrinReaper
Mortician

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 05:59:25 AM »

yeah, that old
Mk-79 gernade launcher
really packs a punch!

I'm not a gun nut either btw, but i don't want gun nuts picking holes in my story!
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 02:09:56 PM »

A Glock 19 can hold 20 rounds...unless you buy it in the States, where you're limited to a ten round mag, unless ownership of the mag predates the law - it's illegal to buy and sell a higher capacity now.  Personally I prefer the slow push of a .45 to the snap of a 9mm, but the magazine volume is much lower cause the rounds are a fair bit bigger.

I wouldn't say I was a gun 'nut', but I used to be into handguns until the Dunblane massacre - used to go target shooting every week.  Whenever I'm in the States I call into a shooting range and blast a few targets, much to the surprise of the Americans - for some reason they think the British can't shoot, so they're even more surprised when a Limey can outshoot their local law enforcement on the ranges Wink fugly  Oh yes....

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Neuromancer
Indefatigable Misanthrope
Mortician

Semper Veritas

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »

I dont know if it's too many years of playing Duck Hunt as a child, or perhaps my red rider BB Gun

I did not have a problem picking up a rifle and scoring as a marksman first time shooting.

(Though some people should not carry firearms...

During a 9MM qual when I was in the service.

The target is 3yards away supposed to shoot right handed, and left handed and switch mid volley and stuff,  the target moves out to about 7 yards I think 

Anyway, we are at the range, standing in our lanes (with the extension dividing us and everything... at 3 yards!!! Some fucker shot my target!!!!  It was during a reload and continue firing off handed, speed test, kinda thing.   But missing from 3 yards??? By 3 yards?  Is ridiculous

Only thing I can think of it that there was an extra round in the gun and as the let the slide back it fired... but I dont even know if theats possible.

It really pissed me off, that all you needed was some dope to sign a piece of paper to make you "qualified" to carry a weapon.

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot
GrinReaper
Mortician

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 02:26:47 AM »

A friend of mine who used to live here, in Australia, and now lives in the UK had to pass a 'test' to get a gun licence (his parents have a farm, which is why he needed the licence). He said it was the biggest joke. The questions were easy but even so, some of the people had trouble, so the examiner basically told them the answers.
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 04:15:32 PM »

A friend of mine who used to live here, in Australia, and now lives in the UK had to pass a 'test' to get a gun licence (his parents have a farm, which is why he needed the licence). He said it was the biggest joke. The questions were easy but even so, some of the people had trouble, so the examiner basically told them the answers.

The police over here in the UK haven't got the first clue about guns, or the laws relating to them.  My car got stolen a few years ago and, in the front passenger footwell, there was two boxes full of 9mm empty shell casings, which I was keeping to reload.  Course, when the thing was finally recovered, they didn't give a shit about everything missing from the car, or the people who stole it - all they were interested in was the shell casings.  I let them sweat it for a week or two, thinking if they thought the thieves were armed they'd look for them harder - they didn't.  Instead they just gave me the third degree about leaving 'ammunition' within the reach of thieves, and saying they were going to prosecute me for it (after establishing it was mine because there were fingerprints all over them).  rolleyes

I called the desk sergeant a few names, filled him in on the law and told him he didn't know WTF he was talking about...and was lucky not to get locked up for verbal abuse.  They never did find the people who stole my car, the tossers.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx