gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

gfx gfx
gfx
55951 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 03, 2020, 05:11:21 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Miscellaneous  |  Eye candy
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Eye candy  (Read 4790 times)

Offline Digi

• Grave Digger
Eye candy
« on: August 06, 2005, 12:47:35 PM »
Just  a few things I'm playing with. As all ways comments need and welcome.

Layers and lighting

Looking for 3d effect
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 02:07:08 PM by Digi »
The Doc told me I had a dual personality. Then he lays an 82 dollar bill on me, so I give him 41 bucks and say,
 "Get the other 41 bucks from the other guy."

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
Re: Eye candy
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 02:16:26 PM »
I like the top two more than the third one.  I'd be tempted to burn through some of that mist with an eraser set on say 20% to reveal a little more of one of the layers beneath - that would give more contrast and depth.  Somehow, the top one looks a bit too washed out to me.  The second one is probably the best of the lot, but the resolution looks a bit blotchy on my monitor.  I have that problem on a lot of gfx, because it's a flat sceen monitor, and the resolution in it is poor compared to a traditional one.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline JoyceCarter

• Coroner
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 02:21:09 PM »
In the second picture, I had to peer really hard at it to read 'reactive'.  Don't know how important the lettering is to the first impression, of course.

In the third picture, I find the right of the picture as I look at it is more 3-D than the left.  The smaller sphere in the foreground advances more away from the figure than the larger one.

For some reason, I'm not seeing the top image at all, just one of those little crosses showing that there's something there!

Offline Digi

• Grave Digger
The Doc told me I had a dual personality. Then he lays an 82 dollar bill on me, so I give him 41 bucks and say,

Offline JoyceCarter

• Coroner
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 06:09:16 AM »
Pic 1: website not responding, error 502.  I'm doomed not to see this picture, apparently!

Offline Geoff_N

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • my webbie
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 10:41:18 AM »
They all look fine on my 1024 X 768 res flatscreen 19" monitor. My preference too is for the middle one. Has that creepy touch...

Geoff

Offline Digi

• Grave Digger
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 12:05:22 AM »
Trying a difrent host Joyce see if this works.

Hosted at http://imageheap.com . They have a 10 mb upload per image plus... "NEW!! Send Image To WAP Cellphone Via SMS!
NEW!! Send Image To Any Email Address In The World!" All services are free.

Offline JoyceCarter

• Coroner
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 05:02:39 PM »
Nope, still just a little red 'X'.  If even you tech bods don't understand why these things happen, what hope do I have? - I just use the stuff!

Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Miscellaneous  |  Eye candy

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx