gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55862 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 15, 2018, 08:27:36 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lulu.com  (Read 10728 times)
Robert M. Blevins
Coffin Maker

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2005, 01:15:11 PM »

Before anyone plunges into Lake Lulu, I point out that one reason Adventure Books exists is because we know how to format books that are professional and illustrated, and that we have a good marketing program, especially in the Seattle area...

The first book we did there was 'Say Goodbye To The Sun'   We had to make corrections/changes and upload the ms., covers, to lulu THIRTY TIMES before we got it right.

Since then we have learned a lot...(LOL)  It is rewarding, it is seriously empowering, and it can give you a big headache until you get it right.

Second book, Dimensions, only needed minor changes. 

'Don't give up reaching for the stars...
just build yourself a bigger ladder.'
canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2005, 05:37:25 PM »

And my copy of Dimensions just arrived in the mail last week. It looks very good and is currently sitting on my pile of reading for next week.

If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin
Robert M. Blevins
Coffin Maker

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2005, 07:56:58 PM »

Does the front cover of your book also have the words 'A Science-Fiction Anthology' and 'Special Illustrated Editionr??'

canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2005, 01:23:06 PM »

Yup!  afro

If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin
Robert M. Blevins
Coffin Maker

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2005, 03:15:37 PM »

Boy, that's a relief!

You didn't receive one of the first six galley copies with the minor errors. There were four pages in that edition where the text was Times New Roman instead of Garamond, and a couple of the stories had minor errors. We fixed it all, as far as I cn determine. Great.

All copies now should have the isbn on the back, with the barcode. Yours, maybe. Doesn't really matter, though, on that point.

Happy reading. One of my personal favorites is 'A Smaller Step.' Wink

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2005, 04:35:37 PM »

It is an enigmatic story, Robert.

As you know, I would have a slightly different ending. Only a matter of opportunist identity that maybe readers might add themselves...  they will understand.

SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2005, 11:39:33 PM »

Lulu.com has done a fine job on the Spinetingler Magazine Short Story Anthology, with YOURS TRULY'S short short story, "Goody-Two-Shoes." in it. Blunt, you gave me great advice about dialogue tags on that story.

Very professional looking, excellent quality cover and paper. Now to buy a bunch of them for holiday gifts!  evil

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
chris_bartholomew
Stiff

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2005, 09:05:43 PM »

I also appreciate the info. in this thread.  I have books that friends have had done at Lulu and they are very well done...but the price does really vary, and I'm thinking you set your own price.  Theatre of Decay, a print horror mag. does theirs at lulu and it looks great, but I just read a post someplace else that has one for $15. 

I would love to have Static Movement in print but am afraid that I can't do it.  I'll take a look at the instructions on both of the sites mentioned here and maybe I'll be able to figure that out in the future.  Static Movement is the first thing I've ever had to program and it wasn't easy, but getting better as I do it, maybe between the two instructions something will come of it.

With Lulu, you can also get isbn# and possibly get into bookstores locally.  Worth looking into.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx