News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

why?

Started by horrorcrafter, August 19, 2005, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorcrafter

why do I get a "access is forbidden" sign when I try to post my story in the critique section?

Ed

My guess is that it was a very long excerpt - the forum character limit is set to 40,000 characters, so if it was longer than that, you probably would have got the access denied message.  Break it up into smaller pieces and you should be OK :afro:

Don't worry - we're not picking on you... that comes during the initiation ceremony :fugly:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

horrorcrafter

hey Blunt, thanks for trying to help, but I keep getting a sign saying "access is forbidden" even when I only try to post the first paragraph of my story.  I don't understand, but I think its my next-door neighbor, who works with computers and she must have gotten my phone number and now she is tampering with my internet connection.  Not going to blame you folks.  Sorry it didn't work out.  I really wanted some opinions on my story.
Thanks again for trying,
Yours regretfully,
Horrorcrafter

Ed

Send it to me in an e-mail, attached as a .rtf document.  My addy is blunted (at) cafedoom.com

I'll post it for you :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

horrorcrafter

at 3:15 p.m. saturday, Philly time... done.  Thanks alot for this, Blunt, I really appreciate this.  Hope it works.  I prefer a small pipe, myself.
Yours knowingly,Horrorcrafter