News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Backgrounds

Started by Ed, September 03, 2005, 05:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

I was experimenting with various photoshop techniques, last night, trying to come up with some cool effects and images for the new website.  I think some of them turned out pretty kewl :afro:

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Ed

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

SharonBell

Wow! Just the right background for this guy  :reaper:
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Geoff_N

Weird, I started to feel hot just looking at your cool images!!

Ed

I thought some of them looked a bit like cooling lava.  The top one looks a bit like a cascade of lava.  Some of the others look like the contents of a vampire's stomach :grin: 

My favourite is probably the third one down, which looks like something you'd expect to see under a microscope.

Pretty simple to make.  All I used was the gradient tool and a few filters, like plastic wrap, cloud renders, and a few lighting effects, layer styles, stuff like that.  Amazing what you can make with Photoshop, from scratch :smiley: