News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Just messing around

Started by Ed, September 13, 2005, 06:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

I'm messing around in PS, trying to make a few images for the new website.  Dunno about this one.  Might look better smaller :scratch:  Mascot, or something....

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Geoff_N

Great eyes. It would be better smaller, too much bone and teeth otherwise.

Ed

:scratch: Yeah - it's one of those things that I started doing and then got stuck as to what to do next... if anything.  But the more I look at it, the less 'finished' it looks.  Tomorrow's another day - maybe I'll find some inspiration :smiley:

I think the biggest problem is that the skull is a real one that's been modified.  Consequently, the eyes don't look right on it.  Dunno :scratch:

Thanks for your observations, Geoff :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Geoff_N

Quote from: blunt on September 13, 2005, 08:03:31 PM

I think the biggest problem is that the skull is a real one

You are right. I thought I'd seen that face on a party political broadcast. The teeth gave it away. But how did you get Black-hearted Maggie Thatcher's skull while she is still alive? Won't she miss it?

Ed

:grin:  Hey, you gave me an idea :afro:  I'll clad it in iron :cheers:

PaulC44446

Want to see some really talented Photoshop work? Try this site:

www.worth1000.com

I haven't posted anything there for awhile... been too busy lately. They also have a good section of tutorials. They average around 45,000 members. Big site with a ton of action and contests. Worth a look see.

PaulC44446

Ed

Thanks for the tip, Paul - I'll check the place out tomorrow.  Sounds good.  Is it anything like www.deviantart.com ?  There are some excellent artists there, but they're harder to find since the site disabled search facilities by non-members ::)