gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55948 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 September 27, 2020, 07:34:39 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Critique Crypt  |  General writing chat  |  Novel in one year
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Novel in one year  (Read 25491 times)

Offline Walker

• Coroner
Novel in one year
« on: September 17, 2005, 07:24:02 AM »
Just as it sounds. Kinda like NaNoWriMo, but you get a year to do it. Prizes and everything. 

http://www.novel-a-year.com/

"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
Re: Novel in one year
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 08:56:27 AM »
Looks really good, Walker.  Thanks for the link :afro:

Shame about this bit, but you can't have it all ways - "Genre: All genre accepted apart from sci-fi and horror."

Generous prizes, considering it's free entry.  I expect they offer an editorial service, or something else to help fund it.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Walker

• Coroner
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 09:06:15 AM »
It fits perfectly with my own novel-in-progress, which is still in the outline stage-- and has been for far too long.
This may be just the fire I need under my ass. There's no way I could enter NaNoWriMo and even hope to finish, but a year is far more reasonable a time frame. That's about 8K a month, or 2 short stories of intermediate length.
My wife is all for it. No wonder, I'll be busy for a whole year. Her eyes glazed over when I told her, I think she was already day-dreaming of evenings without me yapping at her about writing, and actually doing it.

By the way, Sharon, you're eligeble for this too (how far along are you now?). Unpublished work is ok, whether it's completed or not.
"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

Offline SharonBell

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Sharon's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 09:25:09 AM »
ERK! You talking to me? :shocked: Ummm, I just started re-writing An Unrecovered Woman the first weekend in September.  I revised the first 60 pages. Guess this is the boot in the butt that I need to keep going. Thanks for the tip, Trevor! (I think! :bleh:)
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Offline SharonBell

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Sharon's Home Page
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 09:27:15 AM »
All righty, then. I did it. Now I'm in for it, eh?  ;)

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Offline Walker

• Coroner
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 09:43:08 AM »
Good for you, Sharon! I'm just about to sign up too, but it's a big step. I'm not sure I have the stones for it.....

Damn. I just looked, and I do indeed have stones. I'm running out of excuses.   :/

Edit: I'm in too. I hope I get assigned a cool number. I want to be #50.
I have no idea why.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 09:46:05 AM by Walker »
Peter Gabriel.

Offline SharonBell

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Sharon's Home Page
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 09:52:11 AM »
I see a number of familiar names there, too!

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Offline SharonBell

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Sharon's Home Page
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 09:58:23 AM »
I'm 49 and you're #50, Trev. Oh, to be 49 again! (NOT!)

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 10:15:15 AM »
I'd love to join in, but I've got waaay too much on my plate already.  Good luck to both of you, though - I hope at least one of you clinch the prize money :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Walker

• Coroner
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 10:35:10 AM »
Thanks, Blunt.  I'll do my best.  :smiley:

I see a number of familiar names there, too!
Sharon, who do you recognize from there? Anyone I might also know?
Peter Gabriel.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 11:55:42 AM »
I see (Gerald) Doolol's name, but the rest isn't accessible to guests.

Offline JoyceCarter

• Coroner
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »
The very best of luck to you people entering!  :cheers:  Yes, who else is that we might know of?

Offline SharonBell

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Sharon's Home Page
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 12:28:12 PM »
Well, my hunch is that Slave Driver is Debs (from AIA) and leatherdykeuk was from AIA, too. Definitely Gerald. And now that fellow, Elliott Quinn is in and moi.

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Offline Walker

• Coroner
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2005, 01:59:01 PM »
I recognize those names in the forum section, but not on the novel writing list. I wonder how many of them will sign up for that before time runs out?

Incidentally, I noticed that I signed up with 13 days, 13 hours, 13 minutes and 13 seconds remaining. How freaky is that!?
 :cheesy:
Peter Gabriel.

Offline JoyceCarter

• Coroner
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2005, 04:20:20 PM »
You didn't do it on the 13th, though!

Cafe Doom  |  The Critique Crypt  |  General writing chat  |  Novel in one year

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.116 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx