gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55884 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 January 29, 2020, 05:04:07 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Novel in one year  (Read 23538 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 06:48:36 PM »

scratch  Oh huh  If it's Debs, I hope it doesn't fold before it gets off the ground, or even worse - when everybody's half way there.  All her sites seem to toodle along nicely for a while, and then, splat - gone huh 

Maybe this one will stay the distance?

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 09:44:39 PM »

Will keep you posted...  huh

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
Walker
Coroner

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 07:41:20 AM »

NOTE:
This challenge has been ammended and now accepts ALL GENRE'S...... any more takers?...Blunt?

"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.
JoyceCarter
Coroner

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005, 02:27:29 PM »

Well, with a couple of you here at least entering it, even if the official thing folded (which I hope it doesn't), you could help each other keep up to speed.

I'm trying to get a children's book done for the Saga challenge at the moment.
Walker
Coroner

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005, 02:43:42 PM »

That's a good point, Joyce. There's no question I'll be pulling my hair out from time to time.
Sharon, you any good at hair plugs?

tongue

"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.
SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2005, 02:51:41 PM »

Do you like cat hair? I have lots of that lying around the house... bleh

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
Walker
Coroner

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2005, 03:38:19 PM »

maybe....what color is it?
I'd prefer calico, seeing as I can't make up my mind.

Peter Gabriel.
SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2005, 03:55:47 PM »

We have 2 spotted Bengals, a tortie mutt-cat, a Scottish fold (silver and black) and a polydactyl brown mutt-cat. 

You may choose one or all.  bleh

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
Walker
Coroner

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2005, 04:00:26 PM »

If you shave a strip off the back of each one, then I'll get that 'Dennis Rodman' look going.   tongue

Peter Gabriel.
JoyceCarter
Coroner

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2005, 05:01:47 PM »

I can contribute brown tabby and white!
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2005, 05:34:34 PM »

NOTE:
This challenge has been ammended and now accepts ALL GENRE'S...... any more takers?...Blunt?

UMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm... no.  I'd love to, but I haven't got anything burning my psyche at the moment - no ripping yarns that need writing or anything.  Although I had the glimmer of an idea last night, but I think it may have already been done.

Besides, I'm still struggling with all this site building malarchy.  So I'm already stretched undecided

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Robert M. Blevins
Coffin Maker

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2005, 12:17:06 AM »

If you want to write the novel, I can show you how to get it published professionally without money. No baloney, no scams, just work.

If I can do it, so can you. The first time was very tough, I had to do research for months, download about sixty pages or more of printed matter, study them, keep in a supply of ibuprofen and coffee...etc.

Now I know I can do it again, and much easier, since I learned a lot of lessons along the way.

Check this out, not to get you to BUY my book, but just so you'll see quality can be acheived!!!! cool

Link:  www.lulu.com/adventurebooks

'Don't give up reaching for the stars...
just build yourself a bigger ladder.'
SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2005, 05:37:44 AM »

Looks great, Robert! Very classy!  dance

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
JoyceCarter
Coroner

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2005, 05:57:08 AM »

http://www.writersdock.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17163&highlight=

Thought you might be interested to see this thread that's turned up on Writer's Dock.  It looks as if Debs has joined, lurking under the name of 'Deskie', to promote her new venture - that is, if I'm reading it right.  (Signed, 'Nicky Richfield'.  I was asking the 'who' question after what I'd seen over here.)
canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »

My advice? Write your novel. Sit there at your desk and just freakin' do it! If you need the likes of Debs/Deskie ... ummm ... frankly, it ain't never gonna happen.

If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx