gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55862 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 15, 2018, 08:26:40 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Novel in one year  (Read 18570 times)
Deskie Debs
Stiff

« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2005, 07:24:21 PM »

afro

Ty, blunt. Good luck in comp ... plenty of people rooting for ya'!

smiley
Walker
Coroner

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2005, 08:06:35 PM »

Hi Debs, good to see you here.   smiley

(Don't take the Ronald friggin' McDonald quote the wrong way)

"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.
Deskie Debs
Stiff

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2005, 04:13:18 AM »

bleh

Hiya, Walker!
Stormm
Stiff

Wizard at Large

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2005, 02:57:23 PM »

I've just finished my first novel last week (82,400 words occult/fantasy).  I've got an agent looking over it now with an eye to publishing it as a series.  I'll probably do two a year if this goes through well.  I'm into the second chapter of my sequel today.  I'm pretty excited as I'm enjoying the writing.  I got laid off in my supervising job at a local factory (who shipped everything to be done cheaper in Mexico) and have been knocking off about 2000 words a day.  I get up, walk around and talk to myself a lot... but it works for me.  Being that it's a more character driven plot (more or less) it's kind of fun because even I don't know exactly how it's going to come out.  I'm just taking the basic idea, getting my people together and seeing what turns up.  *I* like the story... the REAL test will be how well the paying customers like the story.  I should have a better idea in about 4 weeks.

-Stormm

Visit us at www.witchclan.com
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2005, 03:16:51 PM »

Sounds like a good way to write, Stormm - they say half the battle is creating the characters, but once you have them, they take on a life of their own and beg to be written about.

Sorry to hear about you being made redundant, but if you´re anything like me you´ll find it quite liberating, at least to begin with.  I had some time out, during the 90s recession and at first it got me down, but then I realised there wasn´t much I could do but ride it out.  From that point on, I quite enjoyed the liberty (until the bank balance shrunk to a level where I had to do something about it rolleyes ).

All the best of luck to you with your novels smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
JoyceCarter
Coroner

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2005, 06:50:04 AM »

Good luck, Stormm.
Stormm
Stiff

Wizard at Large

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2005, 10:55:34 AM »

Thanks.  The bank account is indeed looking more than a little anemic, but the feedback on the book, and the agency that is interested in it are indicating that this will change for the better soon.  Liberating?  It will be nice to work just for me, for a change and keep my own hours.   dance

-Stormm

Visit us at www.witchclan.com
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2005, 07:41:12 AM »

Yep, indeed afro  It sounds like you're capable of making a good living from your writing, which is something I would love to do myself.   smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx