gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55948 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 September 29, 2020, 02:44:12 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  General Discussions  |  Soap Box  |  'Say Goodbye To The Sun' released on September 20!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 'Say Goodbye To The Sun' released on September 20!  (Read 5022 times)

Offline Robert M. Blevins

• Coffin Maker
    • Adventure Books of Seattle
'Say Goodbye To The Sun' released on September 20!
« on: September 18, 2005, 10:36:48 PM »
I am happy to let everyone know that my sci-fi action/adventure novel, 'Say Goodbye To The Sun' will be available in paperback and e-format on September 20. You can access information about the book, including a slideshow and an excerpt at good old www.discountebooks.net

Update: Just click on the title in the first line of this post to go directly to the book. Nice previews there.

'Say Goodbye' is the story of the Galileo Project, and the people behind a mission that the New York Times calls 'Like trying to go to the moon...during the time of Jules Verne.'  Because the scope of the book is very large, I won't bore you with attempting to outline it here. It is strictly action-adventure escapism.

The novel contains 20 inserted images at the beginning of chapters and runs about 330 pages in paperback. After four years, I am very happy to release it. Perhaps it will sell, perhaps not, but now I can move on to other projects. One of them is the sequel, since it is part of a trilogy.

A very special thanks to Geoff Nelder is included in the book, for his amazing editing! Thank you, Geoff!

« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 06:15:19 PM by Robert M. Blevins »
'Don't give up reaching for the stars...
just build yourself a bigger ladder.'

Offline SharonBell

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Sharon's Home Page
Re: 'Say Goodbye To The Sun' released on September 20!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 05:28:40 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS, BOB!!! WAAAAAAY TO GO!!  :dance: :dance: :dance:
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Offline Geoff_N

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • my webbie
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 10:25:48 AM »
It fills me up to see a book I spent weeks on, come to fruition.  Some of my suggestions must have seemed like supernova to Robert, but he kept his cool, sneaked off up to his mountain cabin, breathed in the cool crisp air, and returned to carve out his ouevre.

May it be the first of many, Robert and Gayla. Congratulatioins.   :dance: :dance:

Geoff

Offline JoyceCarter

• Coroner
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »
Best of luck with it!  :cheers: :afro:

Offline Walker

• Coroner
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 02:42:48 PM »
Well done Robert and Gayla.
It's nice to see things chugging along as they should.
A great big congrats to you both!
 :dance:
"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 04:27:21 PM »
 :dance: Congrats to you, Gayla and Geoff :afro:  Good luck with the sales :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

• Coffin Maker
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 08:01:03 PM »
The novel ran 300 pages in the end. Covers are very nice, I think. Twenty images inserted into the book. Kept the cost cheaper than BeWrite's books, I think.

Link:  www.lulu.com/content/161436  There is a nice preview from Chapter 4 available, with a blown-up back cover image. Can't miss it.  :dance:

• Coffin Maker
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 06:16:26 PM »
Update: After six weeks, we have sold about two hundred copies of the book, although about thirty copies were ordered by myself for business customers and promotion... :dance:

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 08:36:23 AM »
Tjhat's pretty good going, Robert - well done :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

• Coffin Maker
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 05:27:32 AM »
'Dimensions' I think, is a better book, though.  Geoff and I are offering it in three different editions. The Standard or Hardback is the way to go. Forget the Ultimate...we only made it available because is was possible.

www.discountebooks.net  (Adventure Books is the paperback/hardback imprint)

Cafe Doom  |  General Discussions  |  Soap Box  |  'Say Goodbye To The Sun' released on September 20!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx