News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

John C Nash

Started by marc_chagall, November 27, 2014, 11:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_chagall

Portrait of poet John C Nash. This is a tiny picture - only 7"x5". Acrylic on board. Roughly three hours' work.

Ed

I don't know who he is, but it's very lifelike. Are you watching this year's Portrait Artist of the year show? It always amazes me that there are enough good artists around to make more than one series.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

marc_chagall

John C Nash is a very good poet, and a Very Nice Bloke - he's just emailed me wanting to buy the painting. Result!

I haven't seen any of this year's 'portrait artist' because I don't have Sky so I can't. When it's repeated (as it's bound to be) I'll have to get someone to record it for me. Always fascinating to see how other people do it. There are LOADS of us out here painting portraits. The trick is to get yourself known. It's much like writing - until people have heard of you, they're not going to buy your books.