News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Charles Manson

Started by PaulC44446, October 01, 2005, 12:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulC44446

Here's an illustration of Charles Manson I just finished for a friend. I did it in oils as well.

Let me know what you think.

PaulC44446

JoyceCarter

I think you can paint, Paul!  :cheers:  Interesting, without the symbol and writing and being told it was Charles Manson, who else could it be?  Jesus?

PaulC44446

Thank you... I've heard that some place before I think. I used to do portraits but stopped doing it some time ago. There would always be that one couple that had their own idea what art should look like and would refuse to pay.

Paul

JoyceCarter

Ah... whatever you do and however well you do it, there's always SOME so-and-so around telling you  you're wrong.  :scratch:

When I was teaching in school, I remember there being just one other teacher and me keeping four classes going during a flu epidemic - we couldn't get any supply teachers because all  our usual ones were ill as well.  Okay, some of the children were off sick some of the time, but we were still juggling maybe 3/4 of a class extra at any one time, on different level work.  We did four days of this, and it was hell.  Vote of thanks to us for saving them from having to close the school?  No, some parent wrote to the head and complained that little Johnny hadn't had his usual lessons that week.

PaulC44446

Figures. people only complain... never take the time to compliment.

Paul

Ed

Charles Manson is as close as a human can come to being the personification of evil, IMO.  He was one sick puppy.  Verging on the status of Antichrist.  Your painting captures him well, Paul :afro:

As for people not paying for portraits they commission, I think I remember there being quite a history attached to that problem, so you're in good company there.  I remember a story about a photographer who was commissioned to photograph Feargil Sharkey for a record cover.  His employers told him to 'make him look handsome', to which the photographer replied, "I'm a photographer, not a fucking plastic surgeon." :grin:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

PaulC44446

Thanks for the compliments Blunt. Still waiting for your new site so I can pound you with illustrations.

PaulC44446