gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55951 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 October 31, 2020, 08:04:08 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Dark Art Images  |  Just a quickie
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Just a quickie  (Read 12035 times)

Offline Lali

• Stiff
Re: Just a quickie
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2004, 05:01:34 AM »
And who would battle with me?

Even if anyone did I wouldn't last too many rounds.... :P

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2004, 07:07:39 AM »
There are a few of us that could - me, maybe Ashen, Vandal, CI, or Viv would give it a go too.  You don't have to limit it to one person - you could have an open battle :)
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Bull

• Stiff
  • Can you handle the truth
    • Bulls Graphics Forum
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2004, 12:08:57 PM »
You can count me in for any GFX battle...hell as long as I don't have to put more than 20 words together I will join in anything..lol

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2004, 12:27:55 PM »
Good man ;D  There you go, lali - your first challenger :dance:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Bull

• Stiff
  • Can you handle the truth
    • Bulls Graphics Forum
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2004, 02:20:17 PM »
The first shot is yours LaliĀ  :bleh:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 03:27:57 PM by Bull »

Offline Troglodyte

• A bit of Northern rough
  • Coffin Maker
  • Trog's having to eat his words
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2004, 05:52:59 PM »
Please excuse my gfx ignorance, but what does a gfx battle entail :scratch:
Writing, when properly managed, (as you may be sure I think mine is) is but a different name for conversation.

Laurence Sterne (1713-1768)

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004, 06:13:37 PM »
It depends on the rules set, but usually it's a bit like the title game - the contestants decide on a subject to create an image for, or an existing pic to alter, and then go off and do their thing.  After an arranged period of time has passed, they post their images and ppl judge which they think is best, usually with a poll deciding the winner.

Some battles are open to everybody, others are restricted to one person challenging another.  Most of the time the battles are limited to one, two, or three images to produce, but I've seen a few that went on for months, with dozens of images being produced.  In that case, the first pic of one contestant formed the basis for the other's submission - they just had to improve on it in some way.  It can be very entertaining to watch and take part in.

If I get the time, I'll look for and post a link to a long battle that I saw on another forum.  Some of the images were absolutely fantastic. :dance:

Offline Troglodyte

• Coffin Maker
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2004, 06:18:19 PM »
Cheers for that :cheers: Sounds a lot of fun simply to watch. I like the idea of the head to head too ;D Now, if only I could get some time to practice using PS >:(
Writing, when properly managed, (as you may be sure I think mine is) is but a different name for conversation.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »
I found the battle I was talking about - this one went on for months and months, and the two gfx artists involved in the battle are very skilled - http://www.graphic-forums.net/showthread.php?t=4038

It's a shame there are so many comments on the threads.  It would be great to just see all the images in one place :)

Offline Troglodyte

• Coffin Maker
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2004, 07:49:16 PM »
Wow, that was a pleasure and a half wading through 34 pages of two seriously talented individual's work. I see what you mean about the comments >:(

Offline Lali

• Stiff
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2004, 03:01:24 AM »
Most of the time though there aren't really winners in battles. I'd prefer to battle without one (competition makes me nervous) winner, and just do it for fun.

If you battle with people on the Graphics Forums prepare to be buried, but I think its a good idea to have battles among ourselves as an excuse to experiment and try new things and also learn new things. Like Blunt said, it can be hugely fun to watch, you encounter ideas of others that you yourself may have never thought about. Watching a battle is a lot like reading a book.

I'm ready to battle against Bull, and I hope other members will start to battle too, and just so you all remember I love a challenge  ;) .

Offline sepia

• Grave Digger
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2005, 01:30:25 AM »
I'll play..................
"For those of us that believe in physics, this separation between past, present, & future is only an illusion, however tenacious." -- Albert Einstein

Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Dark Art Images  |  Just a quickie

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx