News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

New Story Published - "Black Sheep"

Started by PaulC44446, October 12, 2005, 06:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulC44446

I just got another story published titled "Black Sheep". It's in an e-zine called "Demon Minds". The link is:

http://www.demonminds.com/tales/black_sheep.html

PaulC44446

SharonBell

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

PaulC44446

Thank you. I tend to write a lot... then I submit the stories, enter them into a data base and forget about them. It's kind of a nice surprise to get an e-mail saying I've had another story published. In the past year I think I've written over 60 stories.

Paul

Ed

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

JoyceCarter

That's the way to do it, for sure, Paul.  :afro:

JoyceCarter

Do you have a favoured for system for finding your markets?

PaulC44446

I start with Ralan. They seem to stay current in most of the markets that I go after. Their link is:

http://www.ralan.com

I then for my artwork have a form e-mail with attached sample portfolio. As new markets appear I hit them. I've also bgaun buying up tons of print ads in various smaller press printed magazines.

As for my writing, I still use Ralan. They give me a bunch of the details on Ralan's site so I don't waist time going to the publishers site unless I'm pretty sure it's a market I want to try.

I keep my every action recorded on data base. (MS Works) This way I can multi task as much as I want and never get lost with what I've done or haven't. I have an external HD that I back up to everynight as well.

I do all this because I love doing it. But I also treat it as a business which I believe has something to do with the sucsess I've had so far.

PaulC44446

JoyceCarter

Thanks for that, Paul.  It's interesting.

PaulC44446

No problem. Always glad to help.

PaulC44446