News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Great News

Started by PaulC44446, October 19, 2005, 04:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulC44446

Hello all,

I have some good news I would like to share. I just closed the deal for the local Borders Bookstore in Niles OH to carry my book "Inside the Insane" in their store. Now I can write the press release for the local newspapers. I was waiting on this before I did the release. Book Nook Bookstore in Sharon PA has been carrying the book in their store now for about a month... but Borders is huge.

Paul

Walker

Cool!
I'm glad I got my copy signed    :dance:

Way to go Paul
"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

PaulC44446

Thank you. I have a book signing this Saturday in different book store in Cleveland OH. as well. Things are going good so far. Hopefully I can use this PR to get a book signing in Borders as well.

Paul

JoyceCarter

You keep on making it happen.  :afro:

PaulC44446

Well, if you're not moving forward you're either standing still or sliding backwards and neither of those are good things.

Paul

SharonBell

Whooooo-hoooooo! Good at ya!!  :dance: :dance:
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

PaulC44446

Thank you very much... I can use all the good karma I can get right now.

Paul

Ed

Congrats, Paul :afro:  Well done and the very best of luck with sales :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

PaulC44446

Thank you Blunt. I can use all the luck I can get. Things are moving a bit fast right now... just trying to hold on.

Paul

Geoff_N

How do I get a signed copy of your Inside the Insane from over the pond, Paul? I see it is on Amazon but presumably those will not be signed?

Geoff

PaulC44446

Give me your address and I'll calculate shipping cost... come up with a total (I'll only charge you $10 for the book, Amazon & Borders charge $15.99 unsigned) ... then if you despoit the money into my Paypal... I'll sign and send you a copy personally. How's that for service?

My e-mail address is: PaulC44446@Hotmail.com

PaulC44446

Geoff_N

Will do, Paul.

I have a slightly different problem in that it is my publisher that distributes the books. I visited him over the summer - he lives on the other coast of Britain to me, which I know is only a spit away in American terms - and signed a boxfull, but they're now sold. But he has given me 25 copies now so that I can sign and post off scribbled-on copies for those thinking I might be worth something in years to come ;)

Geoff

PaulC44446

My publisher gave me the first 100 copies that were printed. They also distribute the books themselves. They service Amazon.com and Borders.com and a hand full of other sites. I signed and numbered the first 100 copies. Those are all gone. I contacted them and they gave me a really good deal on more of the books so I would have more to distribute myself. I got your e-mail with your address. As soon as I can get to the post office I'll e-mail you back with the total.

This will make 2 people off this board that has purchased a signed copy directly from me. Is there anyone else that would like a signed copy for far less than what the retailers are selling it at???

PaulC44446