gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55951 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 October 31, 2020, 08:51:30 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Dark Art Images  |  Feature story illustration
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Feature story illustration  (Read 5134 times)

Offline PaulC44446

• Coffin Maker
Feature story illustration
« on: October 27, 2005, 09:16:25 PM »
I just recently did the illustration for the feature story of the debut issue of Moonlit-Path. Here's a couple of links.

This one links to their art section where the illustration is in color:

http://www.moonlit-path.com/art-10-24-05.htm

This one links to the illustration in BW along with the story:

http://www.moonlit-path.com/wright-10-24-05.htm

The writer that wrote this feature story will also have a story in the Halloween issue of Cemetary Dance Magazine.

Just finished 4 illustrations for the upcoming issue of the print magazine by WNRC also.

Paul

Offline chris_bartholomew

• Stiff
    • Static Movement
Re: Feature story illustration
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 09:05:39 AM »
It was sad news that WNRC wasn't going to print anymore.  Apparently Terri has not had enough interest to make it worth while.  I have a story that Paul illustrated that was going to be in print, entitled, "Tell the Children."  It will be online though, do you all know the link to WNRC?  Its Writer's Nook and Reader's Corner, (for those that didn't know what WNRC stands for) and it's at http://www.tavonreiman.net/ Paul and I have some stories online over there too.  Mine are "Death Passes Us All, and a contest story, well, 2 contest stories, go see. lol.  Oh, and Paul has a book interview over there about his book, "Inside the Insane" but it's listed under a review of my book.  Click on "Child of an Alcoholic to Daughter of the King" and there is Paul.  I'm on staff over there as PR...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 09:07:33 AM by chris_bartholomew »

Offline SharonBell

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Sharon's Home Page
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 09:16:42 AM »
I have to say I found the WNRC website to be busy and difficult to navigate.  :scratch: I know it takes time to learn a "new place," but if it's hard to find stuff (like I couldn't find your material, Chris), then that's a problem to me and at least another 10 people (from a marketing perspective).
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 01:37:15 PM »
Must admit, I've just had a look and couldn't find it either, Chris, sorry :scratch:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline canadian

• Coroner
  • amphibian
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 02:19:04 PM »
I quickly scooted over to WNRC and look what I found:

http://www.tavonreiman.net/stories.html

There are stories here by Paul & Chris!
If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 03:38:19 PM »
I quickly scooted over to WNRC and look what I found:

http://www.tavonreiman.net/stories.html

There are stories here by Paul & Chris!

Yeah, I saw that, but I was looking for the one called 'Child of an Alcoholic to Daughter of the King' - but I guess that would be in the book section, wouldn't it? :sthumb:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline canadian

• Coroner
  • amphibian
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 05:43:38 PM »
If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin

Offline chris_bartholomew

• Stiff
    • Static Movement
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 12:25:22 AM »
You do have a point about WNRC, I started out with the same site builder - still use it for my bikrpreacher site and it's almost impossible to get things looking like a professional site, glad I'm not using it for Static Movement.  The review for Paul should have his own heading too...I don't know why that's not fixed yet either.  I think Paul will have a story in the ezine part of that as well as me, we've followed eachother quite a bit since meeting in publishing our work. 
Did any of you ever go over to Ragged Edge Publishing, the ezine?  They (the owners) dissapeared, but I just wondered if any of you ever saw that site, they connected with WNRC through the message board over at WNRC.  That was a nice zine.

Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Dark Art Images  |  Feature story illustration

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.199 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx