gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55884 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 January 29, 2020, 10:41:04 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fancy some Poe?  (Read 5166 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« on: November 29, 2005, 06:10:52 PM »

This is an eight and a half minute mp3 of The Raven, by Edgar Allen Poe (written in 1845).  It's narrated by Christopher Walken (I wonder if we can get him to read some stuff for our audiobook project scratch )

Enjoy  afro http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2BEPF1U5NIPFQ19GSB4QCJC4HV (it will only be available for seven days, so get it while the getting's good smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 03:08:53 AM »

Cheers, Ed. It's now on my mp3 player ready for my walk to town today.

G

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 03:53:02 AM »

You're welcome, Geoff afro

I just hope it doesn't cause you to scurry all the way, glancing back as if stalked grin (Probably best left for the journey home in the dark Wink )

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 06:19:35 PM »

So, what did you think of it, Geoff? huh

Walker
Coroner

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 02:58:51 PM »

That was really excellent. I'm a big fan of Walken, I even spell my name almost the same as him  grin
Have you ever seen his movie 'Suicide Kings'? That one is a real sleeper. I watched it a couple years ago and I was amazed that it wasn't more popular. If you like Walken, then I strongly advise you rent 'Suicide Kings'.
The Poem itself... well, it's Poe, what can I say. That has to be one of the most famous poems ever written.
Thanks for posting that, Blunt. I loved it!

"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 05:14:37 PM »

cheers  Glad you liked it, Walker afro

Christopher Walken has a real intensity when he's playing villains - I remember the Suicide Kings, but it's about time I watched it again.  That's the one where a bunch of rich kids kidnap a mafia boss (Walken) and use his reach and influence to get back another kidnap victim, isn't it?  There are a few of his films I'd like to see again - The Prophecy, Things to do in Denver When You're Dead, and I wouldn't mind seeing Pulp Fiction again, either.  He was funny in that as the guy who hid a watch up his backside for four years, in a Vietnamese prison camp grin

He certainly adds a certain something to The Raven, too afro

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx