News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

ANT needs us

Started by Geoff_N, November 30, 2005, 11:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_N

A witty ironic clever writer, Anthony Gingell known to us as ANT, who I've been editing for a year has a sketch of his coming up on British TV. I am happy to pass this message on to you guys,  - --- sorry my pals overseas cannot help unless you can get it on satellite bounced via Mars.

THE SLAGG BROTHERS
The only Welsh comedians on Shoot the Writers. ITV1: 02:00 A.M, Friday, Dec 2nd. Logon to http://www.shootthewriters.com/vote (the online voting is open from December 2nd to the 4th) and click on one of our sketches to vote for us. Most importantly, it's free.

Please email this to the other people on your contacts lists and beg them too.

Our website: http://slaggbros.freewebpage.org

Geoff

Ed

Good luck to ANT :afro:  I'll keep an eye open to see that, hopefully.  Make sure you remind us again when the voting's up, Geoff - I'm likely to forget, otherwise.  Brain like a sieve, me :huh:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Robert M. Blevins

We are working on publishing Anthony's novel 'Big Bang' over here at Adventure Books.
'Don't give up reaching for the stars...
just build yourself a bigger ladder.'

Ed

Thanks for the reminder, Robert - I've voted now :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

JoyceCarter

Geoff_N

Ant has asked me to thank all those here at the "Doomed Cafe" who voted for him. He didn't make the winner but is through to the next round :)

Well fingered, guys!

Geoff

Robert M. Blevins

And we are going to publish his book next spring.... :cheers:

Geoff_N

Ant has this message for us:

Thanks to all of you that voted. The Slagg Brothers (hands up all
those who remember Whacky Races?) are thru to the next round (the
semifinals) and are on this week Friday morning at 12:30 am so will be
begging for votes around friday.

Once again thanks
ant

I'll try and remember to remind us, especially if someone reminds me! 

Geoff

Ed

I'll remind you, Geoff - just as long as somebody can remind me to remind you :scratch:

Well done, Ant :afro:  I watched one of the sketches last weekend (but forgot to watch on the right night).  It was about a kid who built a spaceship out of cardboard boxes, in his bedroom.  Thought it was great film making on a low budget.  There's a helluva lot more to making a film like that than most people seem to realise.

Robert M. Blevins

Over at AB, we are waiting for Ant to make a few small changes to 'Big Bang,' then we will be publishing it.   :cool:

Geoff_N

REMINDER

Tonight Thursday 15th 30 minutes past midnight till 12:55  for Ant's bash at Shoot the Writers on ITV with his THE SLAGG BROTHERS

voting is Friday at Logon to http://www.shootthewriters.com/vote

Good luck to Ant!

Geoff

Ed

That's weird :scratch:  I've just checked and I can't find it on TV, not on Sky or terrestrial.  Are you sure it's on ITV1, Geoff?  Or is it on Friday night/Saturday morning? :huh:

Geoff_N

Hi Ed,
It really was on ITV last night - past midnight - after the Rugby.

I'm in a dilemma though cos two of the Slagg Brothers' sketches were better than the others - the card trick (stranger in the street tries to scam you with a card trick - tells you to "take any card. any card at all" so you spot and pinch his credit card just sticking out of his pocket and run off :D

There's also a funny sketch where, at a party, a voluptuous young woman tells the surprised man that she wan't to take him to bed as long as she can go on top. After seeing him being bemused and led away, the scene cuts to the action:  bunk beds!! He's told he can be "on top" next time.   

I voted for one of those but can't remember which!  Probably the latter

Geoff

Ed

Oh, right - I saw the rugby was still on, at about 12:45, and assumed something was amiss :scratch:  ANT's prog didn't appear on the listings after the game, as far as I could see.  Are they on during ad breaks, or was the scheduling off?

Geoff_N

Shoot the Writers was scheduled on ITV for 12:30 until 12:55 last night. I think the Rugby overran by 2 mins. They are all short sketches - about 4 for each group of writers. Pity they don't release them as downloadable from the website.

Geoff