gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

gfx gfx
gfx
55951 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 October 31, 2020, 09:06:29 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Dark Art Images  |  GLASS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GLASS  (Read 5060 times)

Offline PaulC44446

• Coffin Maker
GLASS
« on: December 13, 2005, 06:30:25 PM »
I promised that I would post an illustration that I did of glass. What do you think of this for glass?

PaulC44446

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
Re: GLASS
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 06:54:19 PM »
Pretty damn good and a helluvalot better than I could do :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline PaulC44446

• Coffin Maker
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 06:57:37 PM »
Thanks Blunt. Here's one some of you might've seen... or not. It's the fisherman I did standing in the water. I think I did water better with this one. But that because it has other objects in it though.

PaulC44446

Offline JoyceCarter

• Coroner
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 03:55:57 AM »
Glass, yes.  Are the items falling, or just abstractly placed in the image?

I like the backlighting round the edges of the fisherman.  This one makes me think of stage lighting.

Offline PaulC44446

• Coffin Maker
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 05:48:25 AM »
The glass is abstractly placed. I wanted an interesting angle ... almost providing motion. As for the backlighting in the fisherman painting. I was trying to capture early morning sun light reflected from the water.

PaulC44446

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 12:52:01 PM »
I like the atmos of the painting and the colours very much.  Going on the scale of the man, the line looks a bit too thick to me, TBH.  A lovely painting, though :smiley:  Great detailing on the fisherman and his gear, too.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline PaulC44446

• Coffin Maker
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 03:28:21 PM »
The line isn't too thick if he's fly fishing. Those lines are very thick and made of some kind of rubber. I used to have a couple fly reals and rods. Never could get the hang of it though. I used to be a hard core fisherman years back.

Paul

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 05:25:07 PM »
I wondered if that's what it was.  I've never seen it up close, but I've seen it on TV.  Only ever been fly fishing once - Christmas Eve up in the mountains near Whistler BC.  I'll never forget it.  Would like to try again, during salmon season, but I can't see it happening anytime soon.  Sea fishing is my thing, although I haven't even seen my boat this year :/

Offline PaulC44446

• Coffin Maker
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 05:51:15 PM »
I haven't been fishing in over a year now. Between working my day job and doing my writing and illustrating... while trying to make time for my wife and family... fishing has just gone by the way side of things.

Paul

Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Dark Art Images  |  GLASS

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx