News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

A SITE TO AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by PaulC44446, December 15, 2005, 09:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulC44446

Well... the website is www.Worth1000.com. I posted 6 illustrations yesterday and the booted all six today. The contest was for mascots on any holiday theme. They said a mummy wasn't good for Halloween? Makes no sense. I would spread the word if I were you all. This site is definitely one to highly avoid at all costs. It started out as a good site but over time they have turned into a scam in my opinion. They charge you for credits... you use these credits for your entries in hopes of winning more credits... but then they boot your entries without just cause and you lose your credits. I would not only avoid this site like the plague but I would tell everyone you know to do the same. It's a shame. They used to be a good site that I spoke highly of. I guess everything goes to the dogs when it comes down to money though.

PaulC44446

Geoff_N

Luckily it doesn't cost anything to avoid!

You could have warned me that there are zillions of pop-ups as soon as you go there! It cost me finger tapping time!

I'm sure there are more worthwhile outlets for you, Paul.

Geoff

PaulC44446

Sorry about the pop-ups. Honestly, I didn't know their site had them. I block ALL pop-ups. I never see any.

PaulC44446