News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

Fancy some Poe?

Started by Ed, November 29, 2005, 06:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

This is an eight and a half minute mp3 of The Raven, by Edgar Allen Poe (written in 1845).  It's narrated by Christopher Walken (I wonder if we can get him to read some stuff for our audiobook project :scratch: )

Enjoy  :afro: http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2BEPF1U5NIPFQ19GSB4QCJC4HV (it will only be available for seven days, so get it while the getting's good :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Geoff_N

Cheers, Ed. It's now on my mp3 player ready for my walk to town today.

G

Ed

You're welcome, Geoff :afro:

I just hope it doesn't cause you to scurry all the way, glancing back as if stalked :grin: (Probably best left for the journey home in the dark ;) )
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Ed

So, what did you think of it, Geoff? :huh:

Walker

That was really excellent. I'm a big fan of Walken, I even spell my name almost the same as him  :grin:
Have you ever seen his movie 'Suicide Kings'? That one is a real sleeper. I watched it a couple years ago and I was amazed that it wasn't more popular. If you like Walken, then I strongly advise you rent 'Suicide Kings'.
The Poem itself... well, it's Poe, what can I say. That has to be one of the most famous poems ever written.
Thanks for posting that, Blunt. I loved it!
"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

Ed

:cheers:  Glad you liked it, Walker :afro:

Christopher Walken has a real intensity when he's playing villains - I remember the Suicide Kings, but it's about time I watched it again.  That's the one where a bunch of rich kids kidnap a mafia boss (Walken) and use his reach and influence to get back another kidnap victim, isn't it?  There are a few of his films I'd like to see again - The Prophecy, Things to do in Denver When You're Dead, and I wouldn't mind seeing Pulp Fiction again, either.  He was funny in that as the guy who hid a watch up his backside for four years, in a Vietnamese prison camp :grin:

He certainly adds a certain something to The Raven, too :afro: