gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55948 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 September 27, 2020, 08:30:27 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Critique Crypt  |  General writing chat  |  Litfic Crit-crypt
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Litfic Crit-crypt  (Read 16667 times)

Offline Dan

• Mortician
Re: Litfic Crit-crypt
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 04:04:54 AM »
Sign me up  :afro:
Would def be up for being involved.
Think my g/f would be happy as well, she hates horror and there's a fine balance to be had between how much she loves me and will read my work and how far into my twisted mind she wants to climb...
Keep me posted on developements
D
www.HellInside.com - welcome to Hell!

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2005, 06:04:56 AM »
'Litcamp' ... hmmm ... kinda sounds like a bunch of drunken poofs, don't it?  ::)

What's wrong with Litfic Crit-Crypt?

:grin:  Yes it does - and I don't even own a cravat :/

But absolutely no "Band Camp!
Funny, every time AK came out with, "At Boot Camp... blah, blah, etc." over at EotW, I pictured that girl in American Pie saying, "At band camp..."  :grin: made me laugh.

Perhaps you're right and we should just go with Litfic Crit-Crypt.  There's no particular reason why we need a fancy name.

Blunty's Bully-Boys?
  :grin:  Hand over your sweets unless you want a thick ear, litboy :afro:

Santhere - if you want to change your mind at any time, just let me know :smiley:

Dan - glad to have you aboard :afro:  Maybe you'll end up with her saying, "Hmm... I like it, but I don't get it :scratch: " (like Mrs Blunt  :grin: )

I'll try to get all this started later, but it might have to wait until tomorrow - it's my youngest nipper's 6th birthday today, so we'll have eleven kids here later :shocked:  I'll see how things go.

Any thoughts on a preferred forum colour/layout?  We've got a few choices of skin colours (can't remember what they are) and we could use the default SMF theme, which is white and nothing like this forum at all - no gfx, just simple.  Or we could stick with this :scratch:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 06:07:54 AM by blunt »
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Dan

• Mortician
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2005, 06:11:33 AM »
A whole room of 6 year olds -  good luck with that!

:2thumbs:
www.HellInside.com - welcome to Hell!

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 06:15:30 AM »
A whole room of 6 year olds -  good luck with that!

:2thumbs:

Yes, and every one of them at the peak of a sugar rush :cheesy: Oh happy, happy day... :huh:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline SharonBell

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Sharon's Home Page
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 07:01:44 AM »
Eleven 6-year olds in your home? Is there no public place where you could have the party and spare your home? We used "Chucky Cheese" or some other such place after ours hit 4 and we couldn't bear the children climbing the walls. Got them out of our house. Of course, if we lost one or two to the skee-ball machine it was a bit of a problem... :grin: Anyway to cover your home in plastic before the little beasts arrive?  :nk:

Good luck!
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Offline doolols

• Coroner
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005, 08:56:45 AM »
Indeed, good luck on the party, Ed  :shuh

On the forum, I always prefer simple, clean, and easy to read.  Black text on white is good, not too many smilies, plain colours.

For a little while, I'm been playing with forums (fora?). I like this style: http://aspiration.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi

I used to have a beautiful forum on my website which was in Apple Mac colours - all snow white and grey. Sometimes, the forum people have examples to look at? It's your decision, of course, but since you asked ...  ;)
My name is Gerald, and I am a writer (practicing for AA - Authors Anonymous)

Offline Missy

• Grave Digger
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2005, 09:02:45 AM »
I'll go with the flow over colours and names, I'm not fussy.

Offline doolols

• Coroner
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2005, 09:09:32 AM »
I'm happy with anything, really. It's not my call. But these tired old eyes of mine work better with certain combinations of text / background. One of these days, I'll have to have a proper eye test, and get some proper glasses, rather than the £10 supoermarket ones which I keep losing  :(
My name is Gerald, and I am a writer (practicing for AA - Authors Anonymous)

Offline canadian

• Coroner
  • amphibian
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2005, 09:30:28 AM »
Like Gerald, my aging eyes work best for longer periods of time with simple black on white. The set up at Doom's loads of fun but I don't spend hours reading posts like I probably would be whilst critiquing a number of stories.

Good luck with the little nippers, Blunt. Better you than me!

And look at these cute holiday be-hatted bubble faces:  :sthumb:  :ssmiley  :shuh

Wonderful!
If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2005, 01:26:34 PM »
Can you hear the bedlam behind me?  :/  Nightmare.

Umm... I think I'll use the default SMF theme and see how we go with it :sthumb:

Offline canadian

• Coroner
  • amphibian
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
Can you hear the bedlam behind me?  :/ 

Nope. Glad of it, too. It's turned nice and quiet here now that the jackhammer tearing up the road outside my office has stopped!
If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2005, 03:52:56 PM »
Sharon - are you in or not? :huh:  Just wondering because I'm currently setting the member groups to allow access to the new forums :smiley:

Offline Walker

• Coroner
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2005, 04:05:47 PM »
Geeez, I should get my head outta my ass and join the living again. I've been so side-tracked and busy and tired and...and....
Count me in too, Blunt. I thought this was gonna fly a long time ago with Literary Refugee Camp, but that turned out to be a bust.
I may not contribute very often with stories (as much as I can) but I love to crit others work. I think I learn as much from that as I do from writing.
Great idea, this is.
 :sthumb:
"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2005, 04:20:23 PM »
Glad to have you aboard, too, Walker :smiley:

Any more for any more?  This isn't an elitist thing - if anybody wants in at any time, just give me a holler :sthumb:

Offline SharonBell

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Sharon's Home Page
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2005, 04:34:14 PM »
Sharon - are you in or not? :huh:  Just wondering because I'm currently setting the member groups to allow access to the new forums :smiley:

Count me IN.  :sthumb:
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Cafe Doom  |  The Critique Crypt  |  General writing chat  |  Litfic Crit-crypt

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.143 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx