gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 16, 2017, 02:09:07 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nightmares  (Read 2343 times)
Wild Goose
Necrophiliac
Stiff

« on: December 27, 2005, 04:24:36 PM »

April 9th

A group of Swahili tribesmen encircled the stage, glaring at my sweat-soaked face behind the podium. My mind was completely bland, yet my mouth just started moving.

“Ladies and gentlemen. Uh, If somebody told me that I would wake up this morning and find myself in front of a large group of um…of African peoples…wait, people…giving a speech on something for which I was completely unprepared, I probably wouldn’t have believed them.”

I awake. Just another nightmare.

My life is a complete paradox. During the day, my mind is at peace; but at night, my sleep becomes plagued with nightmares. I first started having nightmares when I was only several years of age. Medical science can only speculate where nightmares come from, but it is believed that nightmares stem from a…terrifying part of the brain.

1:45 P.M.

Phone call to psychologist

Receptionist: West hills Medical Group, how may I help you?

Myself: Oh, uh, sorry. I wasn’t expecting a receptionist. Listen, I need to speak to a psychologist.

Receptionist: Would you like to make an appointment?

Myself: You know, I’m a little tied up right now for appointments. Is there any way you can just do this over the phone?

Receptionist: We don’t do that actually.

Myself: Well that’s really too bad, because this kind of an emergency.

Receptionist: Can you give me your last name? Are you a patient here?

Myself: Of course I’m a patient here. I mean, Jesus, what do you think I’m trying to do?

Receptionist: Last name?

Myself: My last name. Hmm…uh…man! I’m sorry. What did you just ask me?

Receptionist: Can I please have your last name?

Myself: Do you even know what a nightmare is?

An abrupt end to an abrupt conversation.

April 10th

The nightmares are getting stranger. Last night I dreamed that a movie I owned had been modified to fit my screen. When I woke up, it was true. Perhaps there is some purpose to these nightmares. For example, in 1997 I dreamed that the Jolly Green Giant fell down; and this was more than five years before the 9/11 disaster. How many lives could be spared if I learned to listen to my nightmares? Obviously the real nightmare is the one we live in today.

Children who don’t know how to read.

Vehicles with over-polluting exhaust fumes.

Babies…who don’t know how to crawl.

Am I being selfish? I envy those who sleep peacefully, dreaming of healthy things like fruits and vegetables. Is it a curse? Is it a blessing? Is it both? No, it’s just a curse. My curse. My…nightmares.

"Bend over and touch your toes...and I shall show you where the Wild Goose goes..."
LashSlash
Coroner

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:16:16 AM »

***Is it a blessing?***... I think so. Consider what an insomniac has to go through... real time, wide-awake, bucking nightmares.  hiding

LashSlash 
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 01:01:37 PM »

Do you want me to move this into the crit section, WG?  It'll probably get seen more there.  Hell's more of a graveyard for stuff, like arguments, flames and spam - that's why new items in here don't appear on the bottom of the main page, or in recent posts afro

LashSlash - nice to see you popping in, Daniel smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx