gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55894 Posts in 6182 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 February 23, 2020, 02:22:49 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Story Published :)  (Read 5087 times)
Dan
Mortician

« on: January 10, 2006, 04:21:43 AM »

Just had notification of another publication  Cheesy
Bit of a diversion as it's a humour rather than horror, but still excited - the site gets a lot of hits apparently

Feel free to check it out & let me know what you think
D

http://www.utterpants.co.uk/stories/litbastards.html

www.HellInside.com - welcome to Hell!
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 05:32:27 AM »

Well done, mate afro  Nice looking site - I'll stop in there later and have a better look smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 05:55:59 AM »

Congratulations, Dan!  afro I enjoyed my early morning read and it brought back memories. No, not of MY clubbing, but it certainly rang true for some of my students. A touch of Bonfire of the Vanities, there! Good job!

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
JoyceCarter
Coroner

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 12:38:52 PM »

Well done! cheers
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 01:03:49 PM »

Well told, Dan. You kept the tension right to the end.

A beautiful rendition of my early cycling days. I too took revenge on motoring wise-asses in similar retribution. He he.

A bit worried now, though.

My daughter lives in Manchester...

Geoff

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »

A question, Dan.

Twice your characters refer to having "dropped" one. I guess this is street slang, but there were insufficient clues for me to work it out. In my slang dictionary it can refer to anything from murdering to farting, so which is it?

Geoff

Dan
Mortician

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 01:23:58 PM »

Thank you very much

Geoff - you have no need to worry, Manchester's a much nicer place than when i grew up there!

"Dropping" one refers to taking an ecstasy pill, the effects of which can be highly euphoric, though often distorting.

"Double dropping" is taking two at once, which may have the same effect as, for example, a couple of triple tequilas - ie not the wisest move!

Hope that clears it up  afro
D

www.HellInside.com - welcome to Hell!
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 01:42:20 PM »

Thanks, Dan.

I should have asked my daughter,  she knew Wink but only just replied her email.

My son, in Nottingham knew too. He said taking E tabs is sometimes referred to as going up a steep hill in his area.

Wiser

Geoff

Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 01:43:48 PM »

Leaves you feeling all luvved-up and seeing colourful auras.  Personally, I prefer a few glasses of wine - at least the effect wears off quickly, if you decide you don't like it, and it doesn't result in an over-heated brain and excess cerebrospinal fluid  afro

A kid I used to know, he would take four or five E's in a night, and he got away with it for a long time, but one day he sat down at work, said he didn't feel right.  Sat there a while longer, said he couldn't feel his feet.  By the time his workmates got him to hospital he was paralysed from the neck down and laspsing into a coma.  He was lucky in that he gradually got better, but it took him years to recover from the paralysis.  Scary stuff. undecided

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
doolols
Coroner

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 01:57:50 PM »

I suppose I'm a bit of a boring bugger, but I've never taken anything other than alcohol. I normally drink beer or wine, and I can feel the effects coming on, and how my body's handling it. I don't like the thought of suddenly losing control by taking one tablet / injection.

Me and my mates at university were into cars and beer. Not at the same time, of course  embarassed

My name is Gerald, and I am a writer (practicing for AA - Authors Anonymous)
doolols
Coroner

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 01:59:24 PM »

Sorry, Dan - went a bit off-topic there. Well done on the publication. Looks a neat site. I've bookmarked it to read later on  afro

My name is Gerald, and I am a writer (practicing for AA - Authors Anonymous)
santhere
Mortician

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 02:08:41 PM »

I am even duller than you, Gerald, I dislike all intoxicating substances. I compare it to taking poison, I wouldn't do that voluntarily, so no alcohol or drugs(smokes too) for me. Though I was intrigued by Aldous Huxley's experiments with mescalin in The Doors of Perception Wink

congrats on your story, Dan smiley

Simon Holm Pedersen
- Has a great appetite for booze and guns, in that exact order.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx