gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55884 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 January 29, 2020, 10:40:34 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Word usage  (Read 4085 times)
Sunny
Misplaced Hyperbollic Expression
Grave Digger

« on: November 15, 2004, 06:11:07 PM »

Figured I'd throw this little game out there to see if anyone found it interesting.

How it works is you give 5 words and you have incorporate those words in your opening lines.

Example:

Shadow, grape, monster, genius, enlightened

As Sheila mindlessly walked  passed the shadow of death, she shoved yet another palatable grape into her delicate mouth.  Being as though she was not aware of the monster who longed to hold her in its malicious grasp, the fiend followed suit in hopes his genius plan would work. Delectable fruit in hand, Sheila kept walking and shoving as deaths appetite grew stonger. Yet, tonight hunger would only be suppressed by those who had been truly enlightened by life and all that it had to offer. For now, life would move forth and death would prevail.

You are what you eat!
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 06:22:25 PM »

OK, I'm game smiley  So what's the idea exactly?  Just literally write an opening passage, or a full story?  Do the words have to be in sequence?  Are we allowed to use plurals of thwe words?  Do I ask too many questions and make simple things too complicated? heh

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Neuromancer
Indefatigable Misanthrope
Mortician

Semper Veritas

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 08:39:44 PM »

A shadow grape is grey in colour unlike its relatives the red and green skin grapes.  Though a monster in terms of size, it lacks the sweetness of the others, and therefore was not used in wine making.  The chef that makes a paste of it and uses it in his cooking, will be lauded as a genius.  For the tang of the grape is carried through with out the fruity essence. 
All of this passed through Roderick's mind as he enlightened the corpse with four 500 watt halogen lamps, and plucked out one large grey eyeball.  Slipping it into a ziploc back along with its pair. 
Moonlighting as a mortician definitely had a upside for famous chef roderick.

heh heh

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot
Lali
Stiff

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 05:16:47 AM »

The shadow of the grape turned into a monster with a genius IQ an enlightened all the other little grapes in Fruit Land.

tongue Stupid and pointless, I know, but I couldn't resist....
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx