gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55858 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 August 15, 2018, 02:57:07 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bewildering Stories -- again!  (Read 6707 times)
canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« on: February 17, 2006, 07:11:03 AM »

Have had my interlinking collection of prose poems, "Some Things Disappear", provisionally accepted for publication in Bewildering Stories, Issue 192 (April 10). It will be worked in earlier, if possible.

This is the piece that didn't get anywhere when I subbed it to the CBC literary comp. Bewildering's chief editor sent along some insightful comments to me before forwarding the piece over to another review editor. He wasn't sure my 'cabbage' leitmotif worked and wondered if the story couldn't be better told in prose.

Fortunately, the review editor likes the story and says the verse form adds to the 'mystery'.

dance

If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin
SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 07:24:15 AM »

Whoo-Hooooo!! Congratulations, Donna! Good at ya! dance dance

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
doolols
Coroner

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 10:49:55 AM »

Woo-hoo, Donna  dance

My name is Gerald, and I am a writer (practicing for AA - Authors Anonymous)
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 01:37:06 PM »

Excellent news, Donna. The snow must be melting all around your house!

Geoff

Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 01:39:22 PM »

Kewl afro  Well done smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Walker
Coroner

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 01:43:30 PM »

Way to go Donna
I read a quote somewhere just recently and it said  'theres a name for a writer who never gives up -- published.'

dance

"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.
canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 06:33:05 PM »

Excellent news, Donna. The snow must be melting all around your house!

Geoff

Well ... if we had much snow, it just might be melting. This winter's been kinda like spring. Actually, it's been kinda like English weather!

I read a quote somewhere just recently and it said  'theres a name for a writer who never gives up -- published.'

Wonderful quote, Walker. I'm pinning that one to my bulletin board.

Thanks all ... for your cheers.  kiss
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 06:33:57 PM by canadian » Logged

If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin
canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 10:30:56 AM »

http://www.bewilderingstories.com/issue192/things_disappear.html

Goes live tomorrow!

SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 11:52:24 AM »

Whew! Outstanding read, Donna!  dance dance

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 06:32:21 PM »

Well done, Donna dance  I must get over to that site more often afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 07:49:50 PM »

They do a nice job over at Bewildering. Nice mix of content, weekly updates. And their first print anthology is very well done.

http://www.lulu.com/content/256419

Robert Blevins' Adventure Books team put this one together. The illustrations for each chosen story are perfect!

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 06:23:44 AM »

Yep - I keep meaning to sit down and write a time-travel story and send it in for consideration for an anthology they're doing.  Just haven't got around to it yet.  No ideas are springing to mind, either - most of the stories I can think of have been done to death. undecided

Robert M. Blevins
Coffin Maker

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 02:53:31 AM »

What?confused
What was that?

There is still time for good writers to get into that TT book. It's going to be hot...and a short book.
The idea will come to you in the early morning...just send it directly to me, Blunt. I will clean it up and stuff it into the book. (lol)
Donna forgot to mention one of her stories was included in the first BWS anthology... cool

'Don't give up reaching for the stars...
just build yourself a bigger ladder.'
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 04:38:35 AM »

I wonder if Grin would like to send in his story 'The Grandfather Paradox' for consideration?  With a little editing I think it would fit nicely into the anthology afro

I'll try harder to think of something, Robert - there's probably a flash lying around here that I could expand upon to make a decent story. smiley

canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 07:06:02 AM »

Sorry, Robert. But I DID mention the anthology in my previous post ...

http://www.lulu.com/content/256419

Here's where you can find The First Bewildering Stories Anthology. And the editor was kind enough to include my story "A Trick of the Mirror". 'Tis a lovely book!

P.S. Robert ... when you click on the book cover images in your Lulu bookstore ... nothing happens.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:07:02 AM by canadian » Logged

gfx
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx