News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

I'm convinced now

Started by Ed, November 16, 2004, 03:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Vivacious

Dammit now I have to re learn history.   ::)

Neuromancer

Well actually the thrust one is easily explained.  In near zero gravity and no atmosphere I dont think that a crater would developd.  We are not talking about  ameteroid impacting the moon at 50, ooo MPH...  We are talking about a sustained deceleration of an orbiter.  The lack of demolition to the surface is easily explained by....  there is no atmosphere so things dont burn   and 2

The lunar orbiter did not hit the rock at 1000 of miles per hour.

The shadows is also easily explained.

The lunar orbiter and space suits are painted white and equipped with gold foil TO REFLECT LIGHT.  Not to mention... dont camera have flashes on them?

So anyway...

yeah I realize all those pics were cartoons and not hthe real photos blah blah blah..

and no doubt some doctoring was done... if only to make them more palatable to the american public. 

But to mply that it was faked?  What does that mean abouthte mars expidtions?  No one is saying that was faked... oh thats right to many ground radar stations can actually track celestial bodies now right....

So why wouldn't we go back to the moon?

I think we should if for no other reason then to establish launching points for future travel aboutthe solar system.

We would have to find a way to recover resources from space but hey... that doesnt seem to be nearly as hard as landing on mars ;)

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot

speyeder

I knew it!!! LIES LIES LIES!!!  :D

Ed

I don't suppose you guys got 'The Clangers' kiddies programme over there?  I think it was a low budget BBC production.  Even though it the characters were knitted, I still think they were more entertaining than the Teletubbies :scratch:

Neuro - on the subject of the moon landings being faked, I'm not sure really, after the TV documentary I saw on the subject a few weeks ago.  It seems pretty likely, given the evidence presented, that, if they did happen, all the photographs were faked.  There's a Japanese orbiter being launched soon, and its purpose is to scan the entire lunar surface and map it in detail.  If it suddenly blows up on the launch pad, or mysteriously malfunctions/crashes into the moon/flies off towards the sun, etc., I think that'll be all the proof that's needed to convince me it never happened.

Lets face it, the US government aren't averse to a bit of bullshit and cover-up, and the moon landings happened in the same decade as 'the magic bullet' incident.  It would be a major, and I mean 'huge' boost to the conspiracy theorists if it ever came out that this thing was faked though.  A lot of history books would need amending too :D
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Neuromancer

Actually the space race was more likely a battle between the super powers to orbit nuclear weapons.  And I could see the moon landing as a cover for that... ermmm no I dont think so

A country that had computers and heart surgery and PLASTIC SURGERY fer crying out loud, should sure as hell be able to puta man on the moon.

the only cover up I could really see going on (rather then some airbrushed photos)  would be that the russians or the french or someone beat us there.

I saw the FOXUMENTARY I believe almost a year ago.  And most of the things they presented as fact were either wrong or out right lies.  and a lot of it was not even said "Look at this lie"  It was look a tthis, Now what do you think... with the subtle inclination that it was false, but no claim to it.

I love a good conspiracy theory, but unless we are willing to concede that the whole mars rover and pictures from jupiter etc are faked, then the moon landing was real.

IMHO

Ed

I don't see the relevance of the Mars and Jupiter pics in this debate :scratch:  What the 'experts' in this documentary were on about (as one of their main arguments) was that no human could survive passing through the radiation field that lies between us and the moon, not to mention solar flares once on the moon.  I've no doubt we're capable of sending craft out into space, but after watching the prog I'm not so sure people can go too. 

I'm certain that the lunar landing pics were faked/altered - the evidence for that was overwhelming.

Neuromancer

WEll the whole solar radiation thing has been solved for years in science fiction, so I think a couple of geeks working for nasa would have fixed it.

I think we really did send people to the moon.  I think with enough money I could getthere.  But that either there is no reason for us to return, because its desolate.  There was already people there, and we are keeping it a secret.  Or that there is a society there now that is kept secluded from our planet  I dont know.

It is possible considering our technology and resources.  And planning a manned mission to mars is only a few years away.

Ed

I'm really disappointed that we haven't done more in space.  When I was a kid, it was expected that by the turn of the century we would have a lunar base, and we'd be reaching out further into the galaxy, not just our own solar system.  I mean look at the films and stuff we had at the time - 2001 A Space Odyssey (talking computer, huge spaceship).  Space 1999 - set on a lunar base.  There were loads more, but those are the ones that spring to mind.

Some people would argue that it's a waste of money and resources.  Maybe it is at the moment, I dunno, but scientific exploration is one of the human qualities that separates us from the animals, I think.  And it might well stand us in good stead for the future.  Trouble is, it's hugely expensive.  Shame really :)