gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 11, 2017, 07:52:10 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 588206 times)
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2835 on: February 17, 2011, 04:41:36 AM »

Fair play to you, Ed. I've had a few long days recently but at least they're indoors and I can have as many cups of coffee and rounds as toast as I please! And fair play to you, too, Geoff. I admire your work ethic. I have some time off soon, but I suspect instead of sitting down writing I'll be playing the guitar, fishing, and cycling - then wondering why I don't get anywhere with the writing  bangh

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #2836 on: February 17, 2011, 12:20:31 PM »

A snail fell on my head today. That's a first. I was under a tree putting more seed in a dispenser for the birds. No leaves on the tree so I doubt the snail was up there and I was right at the edge. Could be a bird dropped it. After it bounced onto my lawn it crawled off as if it was just another day, another adventure in the sky. Bet Aesop would have made something of it.

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2837 on: February 17, 2011, 01:00:46 PM »

Several slugs crawled into my mug of tea when I was fishing in the pre-dawn one day. Luckily I noticed them before I finished the tea. Unluckily I didn't notice them until I was a good way through my tea. Never had a snail fall on my head though.

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2838 on: February 17, 2011, 01:56:26 PM »

Not so much a cup of tea as much as it was a cup of slug soup then, Del   Urgh

Forgot that I've got a trade presentation evening tonight. Starts in about an hour's time, so looks like another late one, though I won't actually have to exert myself for a change -- just talk a lot rolleyes Still time spent doing something that's stopping you doing something you want to be doing, though, isn't it. That's the definition of work, I think scratch

Geoff -- thank your lucky stars you're not in Greece. It could have been a tortoise, like what done for poor old Aeschylus afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Rook
Critter

« Reply #2839 on: February 18, 2011, 11:57:18 AM »

So, yesterday I decided that I didn’t have enough ways to procrastinate on writing/editing/subbing, so I joined Twitter. Yes, I am now a twit.

To those who choose to follow me, I apologize in advance for my spastic efforts to be witty. (Particularly to Delph, who has the dubious honor of being my first follower. afro )

For those gluttons for punishment, I am under the name rookberg.

smiley

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #2840 on: February 18, 2011, 12:44:41 PM »

I couldn't think of anything witty for my twit name so I thought of an idiot and it came out as geoffnelder

Rook
Critter

« Reply #2841 on: February 18, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »

Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2842 on: February 18, 2011, 01:50:14 PM »

I don't use my MySpace or Facebook accounts, so I don't see much point in signing up for Twitter scratch Sorry. Good luck with it, though afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Robert Essig
Coffin Maker

HELL AWAITS!

« Reply #2843 on: February 18, 2011, 03:25:32 PM »

I check out facebook once or twice a week, never go to myspace anymore, and I doubt I'll ever tweet.  That's just the way it is.  It's all too much for me to handle.

Robert's blog

Look for my debut novel THROUGH THE IN BETWEEN, HELL AWAITS in 2012 from Grand Mal Press.
Rook
Critter

« Reply #2844 on: February 18, 2011, 06:01:40 PM »

I have thus far managed to avoid FB and Myspace...  grin I figure I have enough distractions, and they both sound like time black holes... or I'd spend a ton of time setting it up and then never use them. I'm sure they have their uses. I thought perhaps twitter would be good to keep up with people without too much trouble, and only minimal new things to learn.... (overall, technology and I are on shaky ground... rolleyes) We'll see.  Shocked

Good luck with it, though afro

Thanks, Ed.
 smiley

delph_ambi
« Reply #2845 on: February 19, 2011, 03:21:41 AM »

I've given up on MySpace, but I spend hours on facebook. I've managed to sell both pictures and books there as the result of my incessant networking. Yes, it eats up time, but I've a feeling it's worth it. Some people spend a lot of time blogging - I have blogs, but never use them, so my 'blogging' time is spent on facebook. I use twitter purely for entertainment. Tend to follow a mix of intellectuals, comedians, mathematicians, scientists, and a small number of writing friends. I hardly tweet at all.

It's my birthday and it's snowing! Yes!!!  cheers
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #2846 on: February 19, 2011, 05:09:35 AM »

Happy birthdya Delph!!!  dance dance

My facebook experience mirrors yours. Ditto on Twitter.

I'll go and congratulate your birthday on fb now smiley

fnord33
Critter

« Reply #2847 on: February 19, 2011, 06:43:14 AM »

Happy birthday Delph!!! cheers

Myspace used to be a great marketing tool. Nobody seems to go there anymore though. I've always hated facebook and twitter. I have a theory that they are a conspiracy to trick the next generation into giving up all of their privacy. "Wow, I'm going to eat waffles!" "Aww, my waffles aren't as good as I expected." "Maybe I should have Ironed out a better breakfast plan. LOL" 

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
Rook
Critter

« Reply #2848 on: February 19, 2011, 07:54:06 AM »

Happy Birthday, Delph!  cheers  dance  cheers

I've always hated facebook and twitter. I have a theory that they are a conspiracy to trick the next generation into giving up all of their privacy. "Wow, I'm going to eat waffles!" "Aww, my waffles aren't as good as I expected." "Maybe I should have Ironed out a better breakfast plan. LOL" 

delph_ambi
« Reply #2849 on: February 19, 2011, 07:56:45 AM »

Thanks all for the birthday greetings!  smiley

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx