News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Cafe Doom's Seventh Annual Short Story contest

Started by Ed, September 13, 2011, 02:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_chagall

I have a flash that could become the heart of a longer story with a bit of work. A lot of work. A huge amount of work. But I'm up for it. Love this contest! Best on the web, without a doubt.

notsoscarey

Finished my story and need to really go over it so that is shines in a dull, glossy black way.  Here's hoping it doesn't suck!   :hidin:

Robert Essig

I have two stories I'm debating on.  One I wrote over the course of the past two days, and another I wrote some time ago.  I torn on which one to submit.
Robert's blog

Look for my debut novel THROUGH THE IN BETWEEN, HELL AWAITS in 2012 from Grand Mal Press.

Ed

Two entries to date, with a month until deadline :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Ed

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Rev. Austin

I'm hoping I'll have time to write/finish a story specifically for this, otherwise I might have to enter an older one...but it's still really good  :grin:
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

delboy

My second tale aimed specifically at the comp came in at 4k...(first one was 5k so I'm getting closer!). I have an idea for another tale if I can figure out how to make it a little more dramatic. Still hoping to be there at the weigh-in.

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Rook

Quote from: delboy on October 02, 2011, 07:56:09 AM
My second tale aimed specifically at the comp came in at 4k...(first one was 5k so I'm getting closer!). I have an idea for another tale if I can figure out how to make it a little more dramatic. Still hoping to be there at the weigh-in.

Derek

I'm on my third attempt, too! First two were under the word limit, but my mother tells me they're sh@%. (very politely, of course. For her.)

Have hope for the third. :afro:
I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

Ed

Only six entries to date, so there's still time to get in early to avoid the pitfalls of reader fatigue :afro:

leatherdykeuk

I shall be writing mine this week. I've just finished a novel and had a week in Cornwall to celebrate.

notsoscarey

After a week of hanging out with my dad in the hospital I can finally get back on the writing train.  Wheee!

Ed

Quote from: notsoscarey on October 02, 2011, 05:06:05 PM
After a week of hanging out with my dad in the hospital I can finally get back on the writing train.  Wheee!

I hate hospitals. Must be even worse being there if you actually have to be there. Good result, though, I hope :smiley:

ozmosis7

Stupid brain! Think of better ideas or I'll stab you!  :bangh:
Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com

Flirtybee

Plugged on the forum and I'd better get scribbling!
'Maybe I should just put you out of my misery?'

terrign

Leo Buscaglia
Our talents are the gift that God gives to us... What we make of our talents is our gift back to God.