News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

Cafe Doom's Seventh Annual Short Story contest

Started by Ed, September 13, 2011, 02:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leogodin217

Quote from: ozmosis7 on October 29, 2011, 10:11:24 PM
I believe only a certain level can see the posts, so they should be private. Hopefully Ed can confirm this, but I wanted someone to say something as it is the last day before the comp. Good luck.

Thank You

Ed

Yep, thanks Oz -- the stories go onto a part of the site that is password protected, so your story won't end up on internet search engines and people will have to be a member of the forum to read it.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Ed

Getting a trickle of last minute entries. I think we'll end up a little short of last year's tally, but not by much :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

notsoscarey

Woohoo!  Can't wait to read what you all have crafted--it'll be a nice break from NaNo writing. 

leogodin217

Good luck everyone, and  :afro: I look forward to reading your stories.  Hope you make me do this:  :hidin:

splitskull

So I sent my story in to blunt@cafedoom.com but I haven't recieved an email or anything...was there something else that I was supposed to do? I'm also a little uneasy about my formatting but there's not much I can do about that at this point.

Rook

First off, did you send it to blunt (at) cafedoom or the appropriate blunted (at) cafedoom.com? If you mis-sent it, I would send it again.

But, if you sent it to blunted (at) cafedoom.com, depending on your time zone, Ed (being a Brit) might not have seen the email yet--thus no response.  :huh:
I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

splitskull

Oh I see. Thank you! How very helpful you have been  :afro:

Rook

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

Ed

Phew -- that was hectic. Had a late surge of entries, bringing the total number of stories up to fifty-eight, if my tally is correct. The competition is now closed to entries.

Let the reading begin. Happy Halloween everybody :afro:

delboy

Happy Halloween to you too, Ed. Thanks for organising the comp - now the fun begins  :hidin:
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

marc_chagall

Have read and made notes on the first ten. Very wide range of stories in both subject matter and the skill of the writers.

ozmosis7

Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com

delboy

Only read Ed's introduction so far, but it was pretty good. Straight to the point and with a strong hook. At the moment it's a contender...
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

RichardThomas

Quote from: ozmosis7 on October 31, 2011, 12:19:43 PM
Direct link for the contest....

http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php?board=92.0

thanks, duh it was like that big header right up top. still finding my way through the site. thanks oz.